• Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos
Bogle  Davies  Clarke  Lowe
Bird  Rooney
Waghorn  Knight  Lawrence
Marriott

Think you're the first to put Lawrence in the starting lineup, someone didnt even have him on the bench.

Think Cocu likes him and agree that he will keep his place in the team.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think you're the first to put Lawrence in the starting lineup, someone didnt even have him on the bench.

Probably will happen but I do feel that he needs to win a place in the team 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe, just maybe Rooney will sort him out on the pitch and he can become more of a team player.

So far Wayne hasn't been backward at coming forward and giving out the verbals.

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Maybe, just maybe Rooney will sort him out on the pitch and he can become more of a team player.

I'm holding out hope for this. Admittedly, I'm not as anti-Lawrence as some, but he is frustrating as he clearly has more ability than most.

As well as we’ve done to win the two home games plus the cup game, this is the real challenge to see if we’ve turned a corner.

Its not really the fact that Boro are on good form, it’s about just how bad we are away from home. If we can put in a performance and get a result then maybe we can start thinking we might have a chance of rapidly climbing this table.

Another sub-par performance that sees us lose by 2 or 3 goals will undo the positivity built up so far over the past 7 days.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Thought yesterday was one the first games where Lawrence actually more sensible passes, didn't try and take on the whole team and take ridiculous shots. I thought he had a quietly impressive game tbh. 

For this match I would play:

……………………………………...Roos...………………………………...

Wisdom...………….Davies...………….Clarke...…………...Lowe

………………...Hudds……………………..Rooney...………………

……….Holmes...…………Lawrence...……………….Knight

……………………………….Marriott...……………………………...

52 minutes ago, rynny said:

Thought yesterday was one the first games where Lawrence actually more sensible passes, didn't try and take on the whole team and take ridiculous shots. I thought he had a quietly impressive game tbh. 

Exactly my point on Rooney sorting him out on the pitch.

If Lawrence reverts to type, Rooney will soon let him know

This is the first time in ages I’m finding it difficult to pick a team because lots of players are in form. Harsh on a couple of players, particularly Bird and Bogle. 

Hamer

Wisdom   Davies   Clarke   Lowe

Huddlestone

Knight              Rooney

Holmes

Marriott      Waghorn

Can't see Boro giving us the same space as Palace did so would start with :  

Hamer

Wisdom          Davies       Clarke     Lowe

Bird             

Knight                     Rooney                 Holmes

Waghorn                Marriott

It gives us more defensive stability by playing Bird and Wisdom but there's still some attacking threat. Good bench with Huddlestone, Martin and Bogle to come on if things aren't going as planned.

Not sure if we're allowed to drop Lawrence but my team would be 

Hamer

Wisdom 

Lowe

Davies 

Clarke 

Huddlestone 

Rooney 

Holmes 

Knight 

Marriott 

Martin 

4-2-2-2 with Rooney and Huddlestone holding and Knight and Holmes sitting behind the front two. 

The latter are both capable of pressing the opposition full backs and supporting our own. 

Marriott needs someone who can pass and having Rooney, Huddlestone and Martin provides the best passers we have. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I forgot about Holmes ? I'd put him in for Waghorn or Lawrence (probably the latter tbh)

Ok why are so many people dropping Waghorn out of the team ?

he has scored in his last 3 league games and hit the post in his few minutes against Palace 

Lawrence and Holmes haven’t had shots worthy of note in probably their last 6 games 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

he has scored in his last 3 league games and hit the post in his few minutes against Palace 

Lawrence and Holmes haven’t had shots worthy of note in probably their last 6 games 

*in 2 of his last 3 games*

relaxed puppy GIF

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He has done well in terms of scoring recently but should have had more. 

I appreciate that neither Martin nor Marriott have been prolific but I think long term they offer the team more. 

Waghorn's first touch is poor and if we plan to play the quick football which makes us successful we need players who can control and pass at speed. 

Just a different opinion and stats back your view.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I appreciate that neither Martin nor Marriott have been prolific but I think long term they offer the team more. 

Waghorn's first touch is poor and if we plan to play the quick football which makes us successful we need players who can control and pass at speed. 

He should have. Has to score in the first minute vs Charlton, and he really made a meal of that chance against Palace to just name two. Think he works well for the team, but he needs to improve his touch and his finishing. It's at the point where he's one of the last people I'd want a 1 on 1 to fall to.

30 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Not much to chose between Waghorn Marriott and Martin apart from different styles but Waghorn is actually on a decent run of actual goal scoring whilst Martin has a higher shot to goal ratio than all of them whilst Marriott looks like he should always score but doesn’t much - personally I would play Martin with Marriott and have Waghorn wide right if they were all fit 

Archived