v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to be a fly in the boardroom or wherever Boro hold the hospitality for the owners and board members, I’d like to see if there is a cordial atmosphere or if it’s strained given the recent complaints from Gibson.

I’d love it, love it, if Mel’s parting shot was thanks for the 3 points.

COYR ? 

On 05/01/2020 at 22:41, Saffy van der Ram said:

Can’t see Huddz not starting.

Yep, my thoughts as well. Don’t  know if it will be 3 at the back but maybe . I get a sense that away he will like Hudds and Rooney deep but interchanging. .. Martin if fit up top and then others buzzing round him. Has anyone else noticed that in all Cocu’s post match interviews he makes specific comment about the set up that other teams play and then seeming to adjust to fit that as the game goes on ? 

50 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I would love to be a fly in the boardroom or wherever Boro hold the hospitality for the owners and board members, I’d like to see if there is a cordial atmosphere or if it’s strained given the recent complaints from Gibson.

COYR ? 

The weird thing in all this is that indirectly I did business a long time ago, with Bulkhaul, Steve Gibson’s company. They really are decent folk - and that comes from the top - proper ethics and a desire to play fair. I don’t think Mel is much different. It’s a bit sad really. We aren’t dissimilar as clubs. 

6 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

COYR ? 

I’d like to see Mel offer to buy the Riverside after the game and then lease it back to them.

14 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

COYR ? 

The two camps seemed to basically ignore each other at the home game. Steve Gibson and entourage disappeared into mel’s diner at half time but with no interaction or welcome from what I could see. However that seems fairly typical whatever the opposition. 

We need to go to town in this game, none of this slow paced stuff, smash them at the start, bag early, then take the foot off the accelerator a tiny bit, If we can get a two goal cushion then we can sit back, Boro are in great form at the moment and it consides with our form too.

Remember guys, our away form is still poo, hopefully the Palace game integrated some positivity within the team when it comes to playing away.

Would like to see Huddz and Rooney in the team,  would go same team as Barnsley but with Huddz isntead of Bird (don't get me wrong, I love Bird, but it was beautiful to see both Huddz and Rooney pinging them around the pitch on sunday!)

Overly optimistic with this one, reckon we'll see some good football.

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

We need to go to town in this game, none of this slow paced stuff, smash them at the start, bag early, then take the foot off the accelerator a tiny bit, If we can get a two goal cushion then we can sit back, Boro are in great form at the moment and it consides with our form too.

Remember guys, our away form is still poo, hopefully the Palace game integrated some positivity within the team when it comes to playing away.

Would like to see Huddz and Rooney in the team,  would go same team as Barnsley but with Huddz isntead of Bird (don't get me wrong, I love Bird, but it was beautiful to see both Huddz and Rooney pinging them around the pitch on sunday!)

Overly optimistic with this one, reckon we'll see some good football.

If it’s huddz and Rooney it won’t be fast paced

Archived