v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Given that Marriott is injured, the only players we have in that 18 that can make runs and get onto the end of through balls are Lawrence and Whittaker.  And given what Whittaker's shown so far, Lawrence is basically the only choice.

Spot on. Shows that we are still short of quality upfront. Where's Martin - injured?

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

How the hell does Lawrence keep being played? Do you think there is a Must play clause in his contract?

Feel for Wisdom. Play well, get dropped.

Going to be a long day. 

If there is the club should enforce it and ask Tom when he plans to actually start.

2 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Well so far I have been a Cocu in and there is a player in there somewhere with Lawrence kinda guy .But he buggers about with the team too much for my liking so if we don't get a performance today I will be changing my mind.

I'm more concerned with Bogles inclusion...he is not a great defender and think Wisdom was pretty solid in two matches.....feel for him and he must be wondering what he has to do to get regular starts

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why are people criticising the inclusion of Lawrence and Bogle when they played in the most impressive performance and result of the last three?

One good performance from Lawrence doesn't make a summer, Martin played well and scored, How come he's not included?, The love in from Cocu concerning Lawrence is somewhat frustrating, I'll hold fire until after the game, I'm Lawrences least admireing supporter, A talent that he's determind to squander.

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Proper weird how we have so many people on here who know more about football than each of our last three managers. 

@David should start charging compensation just in case other clubs become aware of the talent we have here when they need a new manager 

I knew Butterfield wasn't a winger, Buxton would get murdered on the right of back 3 and Bryson is a terrible defensive midfielder. 

But Nigel Pearson knew better.

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Priority in summer is to sell Marriott and buy a striker

He cannot be relied on, which is a shame

I'd sell Waghorn as well TBH as much as I can't fault his effort and commitment he isn't good enough in terms of technique if we want achieve anything, I would keep Martin as a capable back up and sign two new strikers.

Archived