v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Boro had further chances during the first half such that the half-time score could have been 0-3 to Boro. My view of Waghorn's "chance" was that although he was chasing the ball in the box and bearing down on the keeper, the ball was not under control and so it wasn't as clear-cut a chance as it looked to many from a distance and a different angle........

However, the real, underlying point rather than arguing the toss with you, microscopically, ad infinitum, is that Derby were woeful first half and that is a fact as witnessed and understood by Derby fans. This "non-show" during the first half of most away games, has become a habit, and the original point made is that the coaching staff should be sorting it. Yet they haven't. So, we can keep going over this or you can continue to detract from the original point by pretending things are otherwise. When fans see the same old problems repeatedly recurring, they have every right to voice their disapproval; so when they do, pretending that they are somehow mistaken is frankly what's called being "in denial". The quality of football played by Derby County this season on opposition turf is simply not very good and not good enough. And it's certainly not of the quality that Derby County fans have come to expect. Sorry my views are in contrast to yours but I like watching good football. 

Not really sure what you are on about, I have not commented on the quality of football at any point in time when responding to you.

And I certainly have not said anything about fans voicing their disapproval. If you go back to the Wigan matchday thread I am sure you will see what I think of our away performances this season.

We were very poor first half on Saturday as we have been in many away matches that I have attended this season.

No need to make up points to try and make it more believable though.

If you think Boro should have been 3-0 up at half time you was watching a different game to the one me and my mates were watching, because other than that header the best 2 chances fell to Derby in the first half. I mean even their goal was not really a chance.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived