v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not the one that hit the post, surely?

Yup, first touch wasn't out his feet so forced him to cut back because he wanted to use his left. Should've let it across his body and ran on with his right. Defenders shouldn't have been a factor. Having made a poor decision, it was still a decent effort, but it shouldn't have come to it.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Srg said:

Yup, first touch wasn't out his feet so forced him to cut back because he wanted to use his left. Should've let it across his body and ran on with his right. Defenders shouldn't have been a factor. Having made a poor decision, it was still a decent effort, but it shouldn't have come to it.

It looked like it took a deflection off the defender before hitting the post

Just announced Bristol City and Fulham Sky games. Thought I’d add it here rather than fresh thread. Saturdays game could be a cracker too, let’s hope it’s the roll we’re on now that sees us challenging by Bristol City 

my winning team at Boro

Roos

Bogle  Davis/Bielik  Clarke  Lowe

Huddlestone  Rooney

Holmes    Lawrence    Knight

Marriott

?

13 hours ago, rynny said:

Am I the only one that thinks Randolph is vastly over rated? 

Player of the year for Middlesbrough last season and the championship team of the year keeper so no and £4 million is a interesting fee ( I think they may still owe money to West Ham from when they signed him)  

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

my winning team at Boro

Roos

Bogle  Davis/Bielik  Clarke  Lowe

Huddlestone  Rooney

Holmes    Lawrence    Knight

Marriott

?

With Hamer for Roos and Sibley for Lawrence, that would be a winning team!

Hamer

Bogle        Davies     Clarke         Lowe 

Bielik      Rooney   

Sibley          Holmes      knight   

Martin 

Something like this I'd like to see 

Its amazing that with all the various team suggestions, there doesn't seem to be two the same.

Is that good or bad?

one of the risks is that we are like Scotland in the world cup in 1978. They rested their first choice for the final warm up games only for the alternatives to look better. From thereon they didn't know their best team and chopped and changed until the final game. By then it was virtually too late despite archie gemmill's best efforts. 

It will be difficult to find a best 11 and keep everyone happy. 

I'm all for two holding midfielders against an in form boro side which means knight/or Holmes will miss out 

Gk seems much of a muchness and keep wisdom for physicality at set pieces 

Gk

Wisdom Davies Clarke Lowe 

Huddz Bird 

Rooney 

Holmes marriott waghorn 

Having inadvertently given up on away games in my mid-twenties (I'm blaming having kids, work commitments, having kids, Sky, and having kids) this will be my first away day (other than Wembley) in two decades.  Meeting friends in the north for this one so sitting on my todd in Block 47*.  Excited already!!! COYR!!!

* You know what I meant.

Roos

Wisdom Davies Clarke Lowe

Huddz   Rooney

Waggy     Holmes     Knight

Marriott

Huddz/Rooney to pull the strings on the counter for jack 

Waggy is in good form so a likely goalscorer - can’t be dropping players who are finding the net when we score as little as we do.

The 3 behind Marriott will run their socks off 

Super jack to stretch them in behind.

People like Bird, Bielik, Sibley and Whittaker to bring off the bench for legs later in the game 

Several players are going to be disappointed/unlucky to miss out. Player's seem to be coming back into form all at the same time, I hope Cocu keeps Bird, Knight and Sibley close to the team still. 

Boro's always been a tough journey for us, we don't often do well..........however Keegan said it best...........Would love to see Gibson's smacked arse face blubbing if we take all three points!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Archived