v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marriott either injured again or being sold. Bloke can never play more than one match on the spin. Makes the decision to put Lawrence back in an easy one, much as I don’t rate him. Think it’s harsh on Wisdom tbf as he was very good against Barnsley, but equally Bogle was banging the door down with his performance against Palace so I can see the justification.

Think you’ll see a more consistent harder working Lawrence going forward with Rooney there to, er, coach him.

I’d have thought that Rooney would also have some input in squad selection along with the other coaches. Ultimately Cocu’s choice of course.

Feel a bit sorry for Wisdom and Lawrence getting back in is disappointing, but ‘‘tis what it is.  We’ll see whether these were good, bad or indifferent decisions later.... although not sure we ever do very well at Boro so might be moot anyway!

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

How the hell does Lawrence keep being played? Do you think there is a Must play clause in his contract?

Given that Marriott is injured, the only players we have in that 18 that can make runs and get onto the end of through balls are Lawrence and Whittaker.  And given what Whittaker's shown so far, Lawrence is basically the only choice.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Given that Marriott is injured, the only players we have in that 18 that can make runs and get onto the end of through balls are Lawrence and Whittaker.  And given what Whittaker's shown so far, Lawrence is basically the only choice.

TBF you are spot on ( although i don't like it lol )....why is Marriott always injured or maybe on his way

On a real downer after team selection ? Lawrence? seriously?? and Wisdom did more than enough to keep his place, was solid on current form he should be first choice. 

All I can say is that if we play badly, never mind win or draw, Cocu will get hammered on here, and rightly so imho.  

Just when you think we've turned a corner, Cocu has decided to go back home to change his tie.... 

Archived