v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

God bless him but Whittaker...he's woefully unready for the championship,doesn't seem to have a clue yet.

Not convinced about this lineup,cocu doesn't half like to mess about with teams after great performances.

Oh well,fingers crossed.

Two completely different sides played well in our last two matches.  Be very harsh on Bird to not play. There was no way a line up could be picked that would please all.

One thing that delights me is Lowe playing. 

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

How many games has he played well in this season? Because I've lost count of how many he's played badly in. 

Thanks for the reply, appreciate you proving my point. You could probably not name five players who have played well more than five times this season, so why is Lawrence being picked out?

Off the very top of my head, Huddersfield, Preston, Middlesbrough, Palace. 

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Also, it's not as though we're dropping Knight or Holmes in favour of Lawrence. I could understand the annoyance if that were the case. 

He's merely come in for the injured Marriott.

Good point.  Probably the most suitable option as bringing Martin in would lack mobility up front.

The selection shows how do have a few options now with the emergence of some of the academy players and others returning to fitness, something we’ve lacked for a couple of months.

I’m pleased his gone back to pretty much the same team that’s played the last couple of league games.  One forced change and one not.

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

One of Marriott’s biggest fans but it might be wise to get rid while he still has some value. 

Incredibly frustrating how often he’s out.

Is he injured again? I can't keep up, nor can I keep up with the constant team changes.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because he rarely works hard enough. He loves throwing his arms about and stropping, rarely goes into tackles properly either. It's not impossible for him to play well, or the team to play well with him, but he's good 1/10 games. The other 9 he's a waste of space. His goals against Huddersfield aren't really valuable to make a case for him now in 2020. 

Lawrence is probably in the top 5 or so wingers in this division for tackles and interceptions, and covers a lot of ground. Extremely harshly viewed upon with regards to his defensive effort.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

It's a prediction based on watching Tom Lawrence stealing a living from football for 2 seasons now ie evidence-based. 

Don’t worry I knew what you meant. Was a silly pedantic joke on my part about how his yellow would be followed by 90 minutes.

As it is you should probably write to Messrs Rowett (has Millwall in the play offs), Lampard (has Chelsea in the top 4) and Cocu to let them know Lawrence is stealing a living. Sure they would appreciate your insight

Just now, nottingram said:

Thanks for the reply, appreciate you proving my point. You could probably not name five players who have played well more than five times this season, so why is Lawrence being picked out?

Off the very top of my head, Huddersfield, Preston, Middlesbrough, Palace. 

He had a good spell straight after the drink driving incident but on the whole he's been a dissapointing signing and not what most expected...there is a good player in there but he frustrates the hell out of me as a fan...I'm hoping Rooney will help him...without Marriott he had to play today i guess...but with him starting I would've started with Martin instead of Waghorn....just my opinion of course

33 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

If there is the club should enforce it and ask Tom when he plans to actually start.

Today’s the day!Needed a good investment of my Bet365 watch Palace money.

If I win I’m going to treat the lads to a takeaway of their choice,whatever they want no expense spared(up to the value of the win).

VBXfTmp.png

1 minute ago, KCG said:

Is he injured again? I can't keep up, nor can I keep up with the constant team changes.

Two changes: one through injury and the other is bringing probably our most valuable player back into the team. It's hardly a massive number of changes. 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He was supposed to have picked up a slight knock....

Maybe being held back if he's on his way out?

Who knows with jack

I suspect he's leaving. I also suspect he will score lots of goals for whomever he moves to.

18 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Two completely different sides played well in our last two matches.  Be very harsh on Bird to not play. There was no way a line up could be picked that would please all.

One thing that delights me is Lowe playing. 

Each to their own but our line-up last week against palace produced the best football of the season.....I thought Whittaker was the weakest part of it to be honest and would have preferred waghorn starting over him in that match.I'm not sure what cocu is seeing in him,obviously looks better on the training field.

Need to bring on our young strikers I suppose though.

Archived