v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

My team would be:

Hamer

Bogle.       Wisdom.      Davies.     Forsyth.

Bielek

Knight.                        Sibley.

Lawrence

Martin           Marriott.

I doubt Cocu will be that bold. This game surely is the acid test of Cocu’s football fibre. There will be 4,500 Rams. The team have the perfect opportunity to brighten everybody’s faith. Will they do it...? 

That would be my exact starting XI too. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

i don’t expect to see Roos back but Clarke may well be and as for Lawrence it’s the only position for him but I would hook him off if he isn’t involved in the game and as for Marriott it should happen but it won’t so Waghorn will be there 

It's just as likely to be Waghorn and Marriott tbh with Cocu.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Same again....

Roos

bogle.  Wisdom.    Davies.    Lowe

Bielik

Holmes.   Knight.     Sibley

Martin.    Marriott

This is the exact team that I was about about to suggest. Nice one.

Reckon most of them will turn up hungover, with no ducks to give and we will serve up the usual garbage football we’ve been playing all season. 

Cocu to come out and say he’s proud of the performance. 

Lose this one and we’re in big trouble.

god it’s depressing being a Derby fan at the minute.

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

My team would be:

Hamer

Bogle.       Wisdom.      Davies.     Forsyth.

Bielek

Knight.                        Sibley.

Lawrence

Martin           Marriott.

I doubt Cocu will be that bold. This game surely is the acid test of Cocu’s football fibre. There will be 4,500 Rams. The team have the perfect opportunity to brighten everybody’s faith. Will they do it...? 

Love this team and suggested it in another thread, won’t accuse Ellafella of Plagiarism though, as most of us would go with this line up, energy and goals in Midfield and goals up top. I’m happy to suffer some dross if signs of improvement are evident, but if we lose this one Cocu needs the hairdryer out , unfortunately the Dutch version will be similar to below ?

66F303AE-041B-4CE4-B821-C96EA69C1FE8.gif

With the small roots of improvement showing through on Saturday, despite the result, I'm hoping for another step forward in performance.  Of course, a bonus for the Wigan game is the fact that the not very bright Malone will be missing and so the likelihood of starting and finishing with 11 players on the pitch is greatly increased!  I would also like to see Wisdom replace Forsyth in central defence as I think Fozzy's best days are behind him and he's become a huge liability....COYR!

2 hours ago, Derbados said:

Reckon most of them will turn up hungover, with no ducks to give and we will serve up the usual garbage football we’ve been playing all season. 

Cocu to come out and say he’s proud of the performance. 

Lose this one and we’re in big trouble.

god it’s depressing being a Derby fan at the minute.

Calm down Dear , we WILL come good , I can feel it in my water. ??

We robbed them at home so I fully expect them to be more up for it than us and beat us. It will be a physical game and I don’t see us coming out on top. 

If we lose this I don’t know where we go from there, it would be shocking.

hopeful for a win but not putting my money on it 

On 21/12/2019 at 23:08, Rampant said:

Boxing Day - Thursday 26th December 2019 - 1500 kickoff

DW Stadium

I've never started one of the match threads so given our dismal form I hope to bring some post-Xmas good fortune. Or at least an away goal. 

Go.

The Uttoxeter Rams flag is going for its annual airing so it will be a 3-0 win for the Rams. No question. When Wayne makes his debut it will be 3 wins on the bounce and eieieio will be the song of choice going into the new year.

Archived