V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

2 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

For me Bielik isn't doing anywhere near enough to justify a fee that is pretty huge for a mid-lower table Championship side. He is bypassed time and time again away from home and he doesn't control a game anywhere near enough for a player of his size and ability. Holmes is a completely different player to the one we saw when he broke through this time last year.

The Rooney signing just signalled to me a club who were desperate to remain in the limelight to the wider world. Brilliant for sponsors because they have the chance to make money from this, but on the pitch he isn't what we need. And that positive PR on home soil was just undone by the Keogh incident. When you look at the money we spent in the summer on Bielik and whatever we are paying Rooney per week, you could build the basis of a decent Championship side who would be up towards the top 8. As it happens you've got Rooney coming into this side to feed off the occasional Scott Malone and Martyn Waghorn cross that beats the first man. It's not what this side needs and it's not what the club needs.

Disagree. Rooney is EXACTLY what we need. He is a top player. He scores goals- double figures every season and will lift other players. He doesn't hide, he works hard. He has played at the top level. I think he will be a cut above anything we have got. 

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Cocu’s interview on RD was bizarre, he thought we played well? We had one shot on goal in the 94th min, that’s not playing well. We need to score more than the other team you clown, you rarely do that with one shot on goal. The creativity in this current team is zero, it’s awful, it’s not good enough. Change it Cocu or let’s change you 

That is strange. One shot is criminal ?

2 minutes ago, Emson said:

'All day' ! Ha !  Barely said a word  during the actual game ...a fair weather poster perhaps !

Give us the benefit of your analysis - what is your positive spin on today and our worst run in 11 years ?

What's the benefit of going after other posters? 

1 minute ago, singaporeram said:

Deserved win for Blackburn - only positive for me was the 3 old men at the back restricting them to 1. 

don’t understand why we’re playing Dowell or Malone - we need to make long term bets on Knight and Lowe. 

Malone today wasn’t terrible but Lowe should be ahead of him 100%. Dowell poor. 

We need better midfielders.

6 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Disagree. Rooney is EXACTLY what we need. He is a top player. He scores goals- double figures every season and will lift other players. He doesn't hide, he works hard. He has played at the top level. I think he will be a cut above anything we have got. 

It's really not difficult to find someone who's a cut above anything we've got, we tend to come across 11 of them every other weekend.

11 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Do any of the players ever feel like apologising for the poo they put out there? Or are they all defensive and proud? Hamer sounds like Keogh

Cocu doesn't seem to see any reason why they should from his RD post match.

I don’t like coming on here and posting negativity but I’m not saying this lightly but Kieran Dowell is up there with some of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for Derby. 

He looks lost and lazy. No urgency, no positive pass. Certainly not the player I thought we’d signed. He’s going through the motions of this loan, and that’s it. He’s no desire to play for Derby and you can see it. 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I imagine it would cost them plenty in lost revenue if we keep going how we're going too, though! It's hard not to feel negative and deflated this season I have to say, seeing Forest in the playoffs and Leeds in the automatics whilst we are in the bottom half on our worst away run for 11 years. 

They'll both flatter to deceive like every season and then you can have a good laugh at them as they cancel the open-top bus parades. And next season, when we storm the league you can shout, 'mind the gap' and 'you can shove your twirly scarves up your ****' at them to your heart's delight. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Cocu doesn't seem to see any reason why they should from his RD post match.

Makes me miss the days Clough would come out and actually say when a player had a bad game, and owned up to it not being good enough. Only rubs people the wrong way when they come out all snippy and defensive. 

Speaking to a work colleague earlier in the week and he was of the opinion ( which I don't agree with )that pc has had enough and wants out and is purposely picking different formations and players so it all goes tits up , I still think it's balls  but can see why he's thinking this way.

12 minutes ago, Emson said:

'All day' ! Ha !  Barely said a word  during the actual game ...a fair weather poster perhaps !

Give us the benefit of your analysis - what is your positive spin on today and our worst run in 11 years ?

Well clearly you can't duckin read so what would be the point? There's about a dozen posts for you to sift through in the last 10 pages if you like but perhaps you'd rather choke a chicken or two.

As for a fair-weather well I don't think you'll find anyone on here making that claim. I'm the annoying git who always has a half full glass but then clearly you don't know that either. 

Quite telling that the only posts you ever made yourself are designed to try and belittle folk on here as opposed to saying anything about the team though. Says rather more about you than your intended targets.

3 minutes ago, Emson said:

Where are @Paul, @86 Schmokes & a Pancake, @reverendo de duivel , @Mucker1884

Why have they gone so mysteriously silent ? 

Please, lend us your knowing expertise in our hour of need

Let us hear the positive spin and how everything is going to be ok - don't be shy .....!

Ha, ha... you know me so well my friend... NOT!

Not sure why I even get a mention?  Have I ever used positive spin?  Can you point me in the direction of such posts?  I'm intrigued!

I like to be positive in my overall outlook on life sure, but after 45 years being a Ram, I know when we are crap.  I know when things aren't going well.  I just don't enjoy coming on here and moaning about it.  It doesn't make for good reading.  It doesn't make for entertainment... it's not how I want to spend my leisure time.  I'd rather pop over to The Pub forums, and hopefully find something amusing for me there.  Something to cheer me up, after a crap result.  I'm more than happy to bury my head in the sand.  I don't deny that!

We've been worse... We've been better!  That just about sums up my current thoughts... and my outlook on The Rams.  They aren't important enough to me for me to come on here and try to defend them when things are getting bleak.  That's not me.  I've don't recall ever being that way inclined?  Certainly not in the last 20+ years, so certainly not in my time on here.  I think this is a serious case of mistaken identity?

I'd imagine the nearest I've ever come to posting "positive spin" is something along the lines of "I'm not too worried at this stage" or "I'm obviously not as bothered as some appear to be"!  Feel free to prove me wrong.

Why, I was even laughing and joking an hour or so after the Bobby Zamora goal, although I do concede I'd only landed back home from holiday in time for kick off (on the telly), so at least I wasn't at Wembley to witness it.... for which I was truly grateful!

Enjoy your miserable evening, after today's latest crap performance/result... I'm over it, already!  ?

PS:
Just realised... After twice being accused of negativity in the past couple of days, I suppose I really ought to thank you for this latest accusation.  Gotta love this forum!

???

17 minutes ago, Emson said:

Says the Johnny come lately.  Try and gain some respect before calling out a poster with 12k likes from 6k posts.  Might not agree with everything @86 Schmokes & a Pancakesays but really

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We are so short in central midfield that we’ve really only got Holmes, dowell, and knight. Pick two from that three. 

Holmes did ok. Dowell wasn’t the issue. The issue was tactical. We are risk averse and lack width. 

Still....we have to keep the faith apparently.

The tactics can be debated all day long, but I'm 100% certain that training and tactics discussions do not include a central midfielder playing a driven ball from the the centre circle 20 yards behind the Winger. Take your pick which central midfielder because they were both guilty today, several times. I don't know if Cocu will come good, but blaming him for something way out of his control is not fair. I would expect a Sunday league player to pass better than they did today.

Archived