V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

This was the formation today.

As Sheffield Utd with three at the back but with an extra holding midfielder instead of a second striker. And that sums it up. Belt and braces.

how is a wing back supposed to drive us forward with only one option to pass to?

9F2C18F2-AC55-4A4A-93A2-4728E303907F.thumb.png.9a886f47b863d6bed6031f5baf1f0f70.png

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Says the Johnny come lately.  Try and gain some respect before calling out a poster with 12k likes from 6k posts.  Might not agree with everything @86 Schmokes & a Pancakesays but really

Cheers @Spanish but it's water off a ducks arse. He's quoting my posts then whining that I've not been posting which says it all really! 

30 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Are we ever going to win an away game again? So so dour.  

Win? Are we ever going to draw or even score a goal?The fact that our last goal scored on the road was Oct 2nd V Barnsley...and that was a penalty!To play for more than 5 and a half matches without scoring is almost impossible.. incredible.You'd think just by a sheer fluke we could manage one or two .

33 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I am all for giving Cocu the time to work his long term magic but there has to be a few signs of something...

I don't know why Dowell gets another run when Knight, Sibley and such clearly have the desire and potential ability. 

This is what I really don't get. I don't want to see the youngsters dropped in it the deep-end, but if he plays Dowell instead!!!

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure why I even get a mention?  Have I ever used positive spin?  Can you point me in the direction of such posts?  I'm intrigued!

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

know when things aren't going well.  I just don't enjoy coming on here and moaning about it.  It doesn't make for good reading.  It doesn't make for entertainment... it's not how I want to spend my leisure time.  I'd rather pop over to The Pub forums, and hopefully find something amusing for me there.  Something to cheer me up, after a crap result.  I'm more than happy to bury my head in the sand.  I don't deny that!

We've been worse... We've been better!  That just about sums up my current thoughts... and my outlook on The Rams.  They aren't important enough to me for me to come on here and try to defend them when things are getting bleak.  That's not me.  I've don't recall ever being that way inclined?  Certainly not in the last 20+ years, so certainly not in my time on here.  I think this is a serious case of mistaken identity?

I'd imagine the nearest I've ever come to posting "positive spin" is something along the lines of "I'm not too worried at this stage" or "I'm obviously not as bothered as some appear to be"!  Feel free to prove me wrong.

DittoI

I've just copied and posted the relevant parts. Although I didn't speak to a soul for 3 days after Zamora.

I can't even remember the last time I posted about Cocu and the 1st team tbh, I'll have to look back.

30 minutes ago, Emson said:

'All day' ! Ha !  Barely said a word  during the actual game ...a fair weather poster perhaps !

Give us the benefit of your analysis - what is your positive spin on today and our worst run in 11 years ?

ducking looney. bore off.

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ha, ha... you know me so well my friend... NOT!

Not sure why I even get a mention?  Have I ever used positive spin?  Can you point me in the direction of such posts?  I'm intrigued!

I like to be positive in my overall outlook on life sure, but after 45 years being a Ram, I know when we are crap.  I know when things aren't going well.  I just don't enjoy coming on here and moaning about it.  It doesn't make for good reading.  It doesn't make for entertainment... it's not how I want to spend my leisure time.  I'd rather pop over to The Pub forums, and hopefully find something amusing for me there.  Something to cheer me up, after a crap result.  I'm more than happy to bury my head in the sand.  I don't deny that!

We've been worse... We've been better!  That just about sums up my current thoughts... and my outlook on The Rams.  They aren't important enough to me for me to come on here and try to defend them when things are getting bleak.  That's not me.  I've don't recall ever being that way inclined?  Certainly not in the last 20+ years, so certainly not in my time on here.  I think this is a serious case of mistaken identity?

I'd imagine the nearest I've ever come to posting "positive spin" is something along the lines of "I'm not too worried at this stage" or "I'm obviously not as bothered as some appear to be"!  Feel free to prove me wrong.

Why, I was even laughing and joking an hour or so after the Bobby Zamora goal, although I do concede I'd only landed back home from holiday in time for kick off (on the telly), so at least I wasn't at Wembley to witness it.... for which I was truly grateful!

Enjoy your miserable evening, after today's latest crap performance/result... I'm over it, already!  ?

PS:
Just realised... After twice being accused of negativity in the past couple of days, I suppose I really ought to thank you for this latest accusation.  Gotta love this forum!

???

We should be flattered Mucker. We have our own mincey little troll stalking us. My work here is complete! ?

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

This was the formation today.

As Sheffield Utd with three at the back but with an extra holding midfielder instead of a second striker. And that sums it up. Belt and braces.

how is a wing back supposed to drive us forward with only one option to pass to?

9F2C18F2-AC55-4A4A-93A2-4728E303907F.thumb.png.9a886f47b863d6bed6031f5baf1f0f70.png

That's the most one sided game of noughts and crosses I've ever seen ? 

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Cheers @Spanish but it's water off a ducks arse. He's quoting my posts then whining that I've not been posting which says it all really! 

I know you don’t need my support but I have developed a strange loyalty for the posters I read comments from every day.  Weird.  Think it is time for some therapy

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

We should be flattered Mucker. We have our own mincey little troll stalking us. My work here is complete! ?

Good point!  Never thought of that!

Not only am I flattered to have a stalker, I'm going to keep using the word "mincey" for at least a week, so thanks for that! ?

Cocu out!

Why?

We're too defensive - get Hughton in.

We don't play good football - we need Warnock. Is Pullis available?

We don't need yet another transition year - get a new manager in who will hit the ground running.

With this squad, albeit minus the four best players from last year and who just about managed to drag us into the playoffs, we should be certs for automatic promotion this year.

Why when he had a 3 week preseason with two of those in Florida and no money to spend, why didn't Cocu replace the weaker players in the squad?

Why all the swapping of players and formations, we should be experimenting instead.

Sheesh!!!

1 hour ago, Emson said:

Where are @Paul, @86 Schmokes & a Pancake, @reverendo de duivel , @Mucker1884

Why have they gone so mysteriously silent ? 

Please, lend us your knowing expertise in our hour of need

Let us hear the positive spin and how everything is going to be ok - don't be shy .....!

Oh... and should you ever feel the need to list me alongside those posters again, at least get your priorities right... and put me first!
Bloody cheek!  

Just now, Spanish said:

I know you don’t need my support but I have developed a strange loyalty for the posters I read comments from every day.  Weird.  Think it is time for some therapy

Appreciated all the same. I think I know who it might be anyway and he's not a newbie just someone who skulked off with his tail between his legs and has now re-grown a pair. Not sure why he's digging out the others though as they're not half the gobshite I am ?

Archived