V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truly horrific performance , absolute no positives today at all . 
Davies was poor , Malone was Poor , Wisdom and Forsyth played ok , Holmes same old , good runs followed by appalling basic passes, Dowell was appalling how he’s find himself back in the team is beyond me , Bielik was clearly injured after about 10 minutes again dreadful passing, Lawerence very little effort , Bogle poor defending when required and awful crossing , Waghorn played like he got a trampoline strapped to him as every ball bounced off him , we’ve had our pants down paying 5 million for him and last but not least Hamer, very little to do , thought he maybe should have done better with the goal. Thought best two players were Martin and Marriott who at least worked our first shot on target after 90 minutes. 
listened to Cocu after the game and I’m really  struggling to understand what game he’s been watching because the game he described was nothing like the pish I’ve spent 2 hours driving to watch.
Cocu is obviously a clever guy regarding his football knowledge , but he’s doing himself absolutely no favours with the baffling tactics , and selections , let the reigns off man and let them play for gods sake. If I see one more backwards pass from a player who could attack I’m going to explode .

4 hours ago, Emson said:

Where are @Paul, @86 Schmokes & a Pancake, @reverendo de duivel , @Mucker1884

Why have they gone so mysteriously silent ? 

Please, lend us your knowing expertise in our hour of need

Let us hear the positive spin and how everything is going to be ok - don't be shy .....!

Because like me they don’t enjoy being seers of doom. Joining a lynch mob on the basis of scant evidence (3 iffy games) isn’t really what supporters do. That isn’t avoiding truth it’s having a long view and not behaving like a petulant child 

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

BTW, I went to the match today. It was quite warm for December and I was very pleased to briefly meet @DarkFruitsRam7.

I've nothing else of a positive nature to say.

That’s a positive?

36 minutes ago, Emson said:

Any chance that any of you on the accused bench could actually address the matter in hand instead of holding each others hands and wafting perfume at each other ?

Give us your reaction to the game today, explain why we should be so positive about it and , if not , explain what should be done about it.

In other words - answer the bleeding question

We shouldn't be positive about it and I don't know anyone on here who is saying we should be happy after today, it was a very poor performance. What I'm saying is our squad is absolutely appalling in certain areas, namely creativity, and we need a serious cleanout over the next couple of transfer windows. Chopping and changing managers isn't going to make our winger suddenly gain the ability to beat a man and cross, it's also not going to make our midfielders suddenly pass and have vision like Iniesta. We've just got too many players who are alright when we're doing well but all too happy to be passengers when games get tough.  

Cocu is on a 4 year contract and whether the anti-Cocu brigade like it or not he's going to be here unless he does something exceptionally extreme like have us in the relegation zone. Our budget is already tight and unless we're going down to league one I can't see Mel pulling the trigger due to the payout being absolutely colossal for both Cocu and his staff. We all knew it was going to be a rough transitional season after Lampard left us in the lurch and we lost the 3 loanees, now we've all been proven right. It's very rare for a club to be as consistently competitive as we have in this division, usually you either go up or you disappear once your top players are poached by bigger clubs. This season has been coming for a while with the mish mash of players we have in this squad bought by different managers with different styles, we just need to suck it up and accept its going to be rough.

Just to add also, I don't think Cocu is infallible. Some of his team selections have been very questionable and can only be justified with the idea that he's assessing absolutely everyone before deciding who to show the door to and who to keep. I'm just suggesting that maybe we shouldn't start the Cocu out stuff until he's had a window or two to bring in his squad, that's when we'll be able to properly assess his ability as a manager.

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

BTW, I went to the match today. It was quite warm for December and I was very pleased to briefly meet @DarkFruitsRam7.

I've nothing else of a positive nature to say.

Just got back from the boxing. Apologies for being a little merry when I saw you (I started quite early today). Lovely to meet you though. We’ll have a proper chat when I don’t have to entertain my mate from Canada, who doesn’t know a thing about football!

1 hour ago, lrm14 said:

We shouldn't be positive about it and I don't know anyone on here who is saying we should be happy after today, it was a very poor performance. What I'm saying is our squad is absolutely appalling in certain areas, namely creativity, and we need a serious cleanout over the next couple of transfer windows. Chopping and changing managers isn't going to make our winger suddenly gain the ability to beat a man and cross, it's also not going to make our midfielders suddenly pass and have vision like Iniesta. We've just got too many players who are alright when we're doing well but all too happy to be passengers when games get tough.  

Cocu is on a 4 year contract and whether the anti-Cocu brigade like it or not he's going to be here unless he does something exceptionally extreme like have us in the relegation zone. Our budget is already tight and unless we're going down to league one I can't see Mel pulling the trigger due to the payout being absolutely colossal for both Cocu and his staff. We all knew it was going to be a rough transitional season after Lampard left us in the lurch and we lost the 3 loanees, now we've all been proven right. It's very rare for a club to be as consistently competitive as we have in this division, usually you either go up or you disappear once your top players are poached by bigger clubs. This season has been coming for a while with the mish mash of players we have in this squad bought by different managers with different styles, we just need to suck it up and accept its going to be rough.

Just to add also, I don't think Cocu is infallible. Some of his team selections have been very questionable and can only be justified with the idea that he's assessing absolutely everyone before deciding who to show the door to and who to keep. I'm just suggesting that maybe we shouldn't start the Cocu out stuff until he's had a window or two to bring in his squad, that's when we'll be able to properly assess his ability as a manager.

Great post ??

59 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just got back from the boxing. Apologies for being a little merry when I saw you (I started quite early today). Lovely to meet you though. We’ll have a proper chat when I don’t have to entertain my mate from Canada, who doesn’t know a thing about football!

That was quick you got back from Saudi Arabia mate! Did Eddie Hearn let you try out his new super speedy private jet?

Reading, Wigan & Middlesbrough are our next 3 away games. If we don’t get anything from those games we could be in serious trouble. We can’t just rely on our home games.

I don’t understand why he’s changed formation & dropped Martin & Marriott or why he waited so long to make substitutions today. We only really threw everything at it for the last 10 minutes.

I haven’t heard Cocu’s interview but if he was more concerned about conceding again than trying to get something out of the match that’s worrying.

32 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

Reading, Wigan & Middlesbrough are our next 3 away games. If we don’t get anything from those games we could be in serious trouble. We can’t just rely on our home games.

I don’t understand why he’s changed formation & dropped Martin & Marriott or why he waited so long to make substitutions today. We only really threw everything at it for the last 10 minutes.

I haven’t heard Cocu’s interview but if he was more concerned about conceding again than trying to get something out of the match that’s worrying.

Like you I cannot understand his selections, they seem to have little connection to what happens on the pitch. Dowell was dire last week and even worse at Blackburn.

Go back a month and we were starting to put in improved performances, even when losing at Forest. The Preston game saw a performance, if only in the first half that bettered anything to date. Lessons seemed to have been learned  and Coco seemed to be closer to knowing his best eleven. In the last two games showed that assumption was erroneous.

Against Preston, we pressed high and saw some high quality fluent passing and threatening play in the final third. Since then both have vanished.

Slept on it thoughts having made the effort to go yesterday...

The 3-5-2 doesn’t work with the personnel we have. The formation relies on having defenders and a goalkeeper who can pick that pass that can switch play to a wing back that is maintaining width on a touchline, and then relying on that wing back to take the ball down and be positive. We have no one in this team which can play this pass whatsoever. The opposition, as we found last week too, know we can’t hit that pass and therefore don’t even have to defend it, which clogs up the middle and makes it a lot worse.

Beyond the tactics simply not working, we don’t seem to have any idea how to play in transition at all. We get the ball back, and there’s no option on and we inevitably end up turning back. The counter attack and build up play just looks confused. 

This team is desperate for pace and incisiveness. The decision making was so slow and ponderous, and the passes always at least slightly wayward, followed by bobbled first touch and then taking too long to make a decision. Really poor stuff. 

As for how individuals played... I think Wisdom was alright, Bielik too. Beyond that, don’t really have too many positive words for any of the starters. 

Bogle’s confidence has completely gone. Looks a shadow of himself since the Forest error. Malone is just god awful. Duane’s decision making is slow and his passing was off. Dowell occasionally showed a touch, but then missed basic passes. Lawrence looked disinterested, but hardly surprising when the team was doing nothing going forward. Waghorn looks like he should hold the ball up but can’t do that, then is too slow to go in behind - not sure what he offers as a central striker, especially alone, at all. 

Martin did ok, we finally held it up a bit and started creating something. Whittaker looked bright, if a little over eager. At this point, he may as well start as he has something no one else we have has - pace and the ability to go past someone. 

Guess that leaves Cocu... why is he persisting with this atrocious formation, especially after he found a diamond working? Why is he slow to change things when it’s not working at all, all the subs being way too late yesterday? I suppose the biggest concern of all is that he’s yet to take the team in at half time and change anything in how the team is performing, and that’s a real worry. 

All in all, a truly shocking display devoid of ideas, effort, pace, aggression, decisiveness, and to be frank, a clue. Really not sure exactly where we go from here. 

12 hours ago, Emson said:

Any chance that any of you on the accused bench could actually address the matter in hand instead of holding each others hands and wafting perfume at each other ?

Give us your reaction to the game today, explain why we should be so positive about it and , if not , explain what should be done about it.

In other words - answer the bleeding question

@Emson,

I can only speak for myself here, but I remain baffled as to why I'm included in your little one boy tirade.

You ask me (plus others) to give my reaction to today's game, and yet the history of the match day thread shows little evidence that I have done so before.
You ask me (plus others) to explain why we should be so positive about it, and yet the history of the match day thread shows absolutely no evidence that I have done so before.
You ask me (plus others) to explain what should be done about it, and yet the history of the match day thread... and the forums as a whole... shows little evidence that I have ever joined in such discussions, nor ever offered my opinions of such matters.

Whilst I remain nonplussed as to my inclusion in your target group (of posters), I do of course welcome your obvious adoration, and the value you clearly put on my opinions.  I'm truly flattered, and if truth be told, this is the main reason I joined the forum in the first place, as it is of course clear that my comments and opinions hold much sway in these parts... it's just that the others appear to be a tad reluctant to admit it!

My problem arises from the topic that you wish me to discuss.  The ins and outs of DCFC.  The nitty gritty of our beloved football club.  Heavy debate on such matters have never been my thing, as I'm certain these pages will attest.
However, if you wish me to offer my thoughts on more trivial matters, parking tickets, photo's of ones patella, or how to correctly present a stack of croquette potatoes for ones tea, then I'm your man.    

Now, if you could also add some of those positive "reactions" to my posts, that would be much appreciated.  The more popular I appear on here, the easier I will sleep at night.

I hope you have a good week at school, and look forward to more chats next weekend.  Perhaps you can join us for weekday evenings too, when there's no school in the morning?  Get permission first though... I don't want to upset your parents!

Cheers... new best buddy!  

15 hours ago, Emson said:

Where are @Paul, @86 Schmokes & a Pancake, @reverendo de duivel , @Mucker1884

Why have they gone so mysteriously silent ? 

Please, lend us your knowing expertise in our hour of need

Let us hear the positive spin and how everything is going to be ok - don't be shy .....!

Well I am assuming you are including me in your targeted attack. Its not 100% clear as you have targeted a Paul. On checking I can see Paul joined a couple of years ago but has a zero content count, so I can only guess you mean me, unless your random attempt at internet bullying has fallen a bit flat because I don't see the other Paul responding to be honest.

Anyway to respond, if you did in fact mean me, I have a life outside of Derby county don't you know. I barely followed the game yesterday due to other commitments and was spending time with my wife so apologies for my tardiness in not considering your feelings in not posting yesterday, mental note: must do better in future in posting on DCFC fans at all times of day.

Anyway, by all accounts we were rubbish. You state some of us are always positive, if you had read last weeks match day thread you would see i was far from positive, perhaps you didnt read that one as we didnt lose though....you know maintaining a balance and all. Funny how lots of the 'negative' posters go missing when we dont lose isnt it and you talk about spin and balance.

Anyway welcome to the forum. It is a bit odd how you have such in depth experience of some of us for a new user, a bit odd if you ask me that first thing you do when joining a forum is target specific people. That is assuming you arent a recycled user hiding behind a new user name, even odder.

I am sure there is much more I could say to describe how i feel about your post but @David might be giving me some warning points for doing so.

Merry Christmas.

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

get him to join up on here...will fit right in ?

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

My problem arises from the topic that you wish me to discuss.  The ins and outs of DCFC.  The nitty gritty of our beloved football club.  Heavy debate on such matters have never been my thing, as I'm certain these pages will attest.

I’m still awaiting your first serious post on here?

Archived