V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Doesn't it compute with Cocu and a number of posters on here that his team hasn't scored away goal for over 2 months?

Of course it computes.

There are 2 camps

Cocu out and Give Cocu more time.

Nobody is saying everything is alright 

Seem to remember the same half way through last season

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Of course it computes.

There are 2 camps

Cocu out and Give Cocu more time.

Nobody is saying everything is alright 

Seem to remember the same half way through last season

We've not scored an away goal for the past 5 away games. There is no sign of progression or any green shoots to build positivity that this situation is a short term issue. There are no signs that Cocu knows himself how to resolve this or even more importantly that he wants to. Desperate.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We've not scored an away goal for the past 5 away games. There is no sign of progression or any green shoots to build positivity that this situation is a short term issue. There are no signs that Cocu knows himself how to resolve this or even more importantly that he wants to. Desperate.

Like I was I was saying, we all know this.

2 camps 

Another manager or give him more time.

4 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Like I was I was saying, we all know this.

2 camps 

Another manager or give him more time.

I would give anyone more time as long as they demonstrated even incremental improvements. I cannot see any evidence of this with Cocu, same away days same performance and subsequent results. 

32 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Sibley doesn't need 25,000 fans groaning when he plays a hopeful pass to a passive Malone only for it to dribble out of play. 

But if he played in a settled team attempting to play attacking football then that wouldn't necessarily happen. That's not what we have atm.

1 hour ago, Emson said:

Any chance that any of you on the accused bench could actually address the matter in hand instead of holding each others hands and wafting perfume at each other ?

Give us your reaction to the game today, explain why we should be so positive about it and , if not , explain what should be done about it.

In other words - answer the bleeding question

Why don't you stop chatting mince and actually read our posts then if you're that interested or is that process too challenging for you. Once you've done so, can you then bore off as I'm starting to find you a bit creepy to say the least.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I would give anyone more time as long as they demonstrated even incremental improvements. I cannot see any evidence of this with Cocu, same away days same performance and subsequent results. 

I’m afraid we’re stuck between that rock and the hard place atm.

Just don’t see a different manager every season helping us. Don’t get me wrong, we are all a bit concerned, (I think)

5 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I’m afraid we’re stuck between that rock and the hard place atm.

Just don’t see a different manager every season helping us. Don’t get me wrong, we are all a bit concerned, (I think)

I'm all for stability. But stability for the sake of it with an associated acceptance of substandard performances and results is not a fair trade.

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Why don't you stop chatting mince and actually read our posts then if you're that interested or is that process too challenging for you. Once you've done so, can you then bore off as I'm starting to find you a bit creepy to say the least.

lebron james ok GIF by Powerade

The accused?

4 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

The only reason I can see is he’s stepped up in training with Rooney around and has been given a chance - I’m sure this’ll be the last he gets

I don’t think you can knock Cocu for not bedding in young players. I’m sure I read we’re the highest in the championship. 

Sibley showed promise in that game at Forest, yet he disappears from the first team completely.

Whittaker (who I don’t rate but ignore that point) has been around the team most weeks, comes on most games now but then Dowell out of nowhere plays.

Knight showed decent promise earlier in the season. 

I think that if at least the football is going to be diabolically bad, can we give the kids more game time. It’ll help for the future if not for the present.

1 hour ago, desirelines said:

I get your sentiment, but I think chucking the youngsters in with the general team so low on confidence could be really harmful to their progression. Keep them where they are, enjoying their football and winning games, and introduce them slowly (as Cocu already is) or when the general mood has lifted somewhat. Sibley doesn't need 25,000 fans groaning when he plays a hopeful pass to a passive Malone only for it to dribble out of play. 

I think the point is that if all the under 23s played he would be passing to a rampaging Jordan Brown rather than a passive Malone!

Of course it will never happen, but the football at under 23 level is so much more fluid than anything we are seeing at first team level that I can understand people wishing for it. 

I can also understand what you're saying. Introducing under 23 players into this struggling side does them little in the way of favours. Morgan Whittaker looks a different player when he receives the ball early in space but by the time our lumbering formation gets it to him he's faced with a wall of eight defenders! 

Archived