V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

Predictable 

a line up which included an extra central defender , and a holding midfielder, and a no10 means sacrificing both wingers, with the usual result that we can’t get up the pitch, and there is no service. 

Cocu’s team plays like a rowett team without the counter attacking option.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

Do you honestly think that this squad is underperforming at the moment? This is exactly what would have happened last season under Lampard if we didn't have 3 Premier League quality players on loan. Our squad is absolute cack and even Pep Guardiola would struggle with this lot. The reason we're struggling is not a managerial issue at the moment.

We spent £8m+ in the summer. That's more than most in the league.

Another abysmal away performance. But not our worst - anyone who says so is just suffering from recency bias; off-the-ball, we were pretty good. 

On the ball we continue to lack energy. We continue to lack passing accuracy. We continue to lack any sort of movement that even begins to trouble defenders. And we continue to fail to put any rare shots on target.

Until, as usual, a 5-10 minute spell at the end where we do have energy, we do have movement and we do have passing accuracy - proving that all players are capable. But too little, too late as usual. All that really achieves is making me more annoyed at the players for not doing that all game.

Roll on January. Then, probably - roll on the summer. 

If we're still a mid-table team come the 7th December 2020, maybe I'll consider hopping onboard the Cocu-out train. Until then, just suck it all up folks. This is what we are, for now.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The improvement is what's happening in the academy and that those kids are coming through.

They are part, a big part, of the future of this club.

The majority of this first team squad will not be part of the club's future.

Stick it out, just enjoy a pie and a pint and being with your mates at a match. Next season, you will see a massive difference.

Believe ?

I’d love to be this positive but I just can’t !

Is our academy really that good ?

I’m not sure Cocu deserves this kind of blind faith ?

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Yes I do. Even trying to cherry pick the crap players Rowett had, you’ve named a few I’d gladly have now in Johnson, Jerome and Weimann. Though that’s Johnson and Jerome at that time, not so much now, especially Jerome.

When Weimann was here everyone said he was shocking?!

I didn’t cherry pick the players. The rest still play for us with the exception of Vydra and Carson.

I’d say the only better player we had back then was Vydra.

So you’d take Johnson, Jerome and Weimann over Beilik, Marriott and Waghorn?

Just now, Andicis said:

Yes. I absolutely think the squad is underperforming. We've seen much higher levels from most of these same players last season. 

Well yea, obviously they were playing better. They had 3 players around them that are now international level footballers. You could put Mount, Wilson and Tomori in Barnsley and their squad would start playing loads better. Look how crap we were under McClaren once Thorne and Martin were out injured, it was night and day.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Are we getting any of the basics right? I can’t see we are at the moment  and that is unacceptable.. Positional, tactical, offensive, defensive? I can take transitional and losing but ducking basics please In December..

Couldn’t agree more 

today in possession Dowell , holmes and bielik were nothing short of embarrassing 

like another level that I didn’t even  see in some of our darkest days 

the sad thing is Dowell and bielik (both cocu signings) are what u consider “technical players”

the cherry on the preverbial cake was once given away they ambled back to try and rectify said mistake 

As people who have been accused of being impatient have alluded to 

were only asking for the basics here and a glimmour of improvement 

I see quite the opposite with players performances regressing as they and the tactics, formation and personnel change game to game 

bit of a joke currently from outside looking in 

I’m for one not laughing after that turgid and lacklustre showing 

33 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Abso ducking lurely mate 

it ain’t been good enough for a long time 

mclarens lad isn’t it

Well this needs confronting at one of these forum things. It’s just not good enough.

if it is Macs lad, sod off. Even forest have a better recruitment policy at the moment than Derby.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes. I absolutely think the squad is underperforming. We've seen much higher levels from most of these same players last season. 

I don’t think it’s controversial to say that Bogle, Marriott, Waghorn, Holmes and Malone are playing worse than last season, 5 of whom were starters last season. 

Just now, lrm14 said:

Well yea, obviously they were playing better. They had 3 players around them that are now international level footballers. You could put Mount, Wilson and Tomori in Barnsley and their squad would start playing loads better. Look how crap we were under McClaren once Thorne and Martin were out injured, it was night and day.

It's not just that though. They can't do the basics right any more. This is our worst away run in 11 years, you really are going to argue the players aren't underperforming?

Archived