V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

Well at least we were better than last time we went to Ewood Park

Yeah always a positive.

We were p.poor that night but it didn’t come off the back of the worst away run in years.

I’m just baffled by the defensive mindedness and too many seem to think it’s ok; sorry it’s dull as ditchwater. Some of these selections are the type of thing that got that ostrich Pearson abuse; surely Cocu can see we look more like scoring and offer more threat with 2 strikers up front?

It’s just bugging me he abandons Martin and Marriott partnership after 2 games, he’s forever a tinker man, regardless of injuries and don’t know about anyone else, but I’m finding it quite frustrating.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I don't think our squad is anywhere near as bad as is being made out. We should have a competitive team challenging at the top end. 

But at the moment Cocu and his team seem to have little or no idea about how to get them playing and playing with a threat. That is his issue and it needs sorting or he should be shown the door. 

I remember amid all the excitement on here when Cocu was on the way a poster said be careful what you wish for.. Cocus teams play dour defensive football. I seem to recall the guy was from Holland so saw lots of Cocus team play. Well he was right. 

Cocu needs to get it together and fast as all the evidence available says he is taking us backwards and the brakes are not working. 

As much as I’d like too I can’t argue with this ?

3 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

If Cocu is electioneering to try to save his job - he isn't very good at it. If he actually believes his post match to RD he needs to go now.

His interview was strange. He justified his reluctance to change things up front as being worried about conceding a second.

This is conceding that a draw is all we can hope for being 0-1 down.

Hmmm

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm starting to want this to happen.

C,mon cocu,get it together.

We laugh but Wassall was better than all our previous recent managers bar McClaren and was never given a transfer window or any time to build anything. 

I haven’t heard the Cocu interview, but I thought it was a tight game. Two very ordinary sides locked in a stalemate for an hour until they had the temerity to shoot. 

Just now, wixman1884 said:

We laugh but Wassall was better than all our previous recent managers bar McClaren and was never given a transfer window or any time to build anything. 

You weren't at Rotherham away, man...you weren't there, man!

apocalypse now GIF

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Where is roseinor

I hate to say this but when he rocked up and with the announcement of Rooney for a coaching role I wondered if too many cooks spoil the broth .I wasn't convinced that Cocu was fully on board with it all, also the statement he made about his coaching staff being complete etc.

I am all for giving Cocu the time to work his long term magic but there has to be a few signs of something. We played the best we have in ages against Preston and have been nothing close to that since.

Poor away performances just put more pressure on the home form. We are guilty of showing our opponents too much respect. It might be best to just expect nothing until January and take it from there.

I don't know why Dowell gets another run when Knight, Sibley and such clearly have the desire and potential ability. 

Cocu needs to pick it up but so do the players. We always blame the manager, but we should hold the players a lot more responsible.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We are so short in central midfield that we’ve really only got Holmes, dowell, and knight. Pick two from that three. 

Holmes did ok. Dowell wasn’t the issue. The issue was tactical. We are risk averse and lack width. 

Still....we have to keep the faith apparently.

I think selby should be given a go now at least drives at teams 

Cocu’s interview on RD was bizarre, he thought we played well? We had one shot on goal in the 94th min, that’s not playing well. We need to score more than the other team you clown, you rarely do that with one shot on goal. The creativity in this current team is zero, it’s awful, it’s not good enough. Change it Cocu or let’s change you 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

And the players definitely deserve to take some responsibility, I'm not trying to claim they should be cleared of all guilt, but the nature of being the manager is the responsibility always lands on you when the performances are bad. Footballers even at the top are slow to adapt to things, so changing what you do and changing what you ask from them every single game is always going to be a struggle. I'd give him to late February - March, and if no improvement is being made after a second window, then questions should be asked.

Easy for you to say when you don't have to settle the remaining 3 years of his contract and those of all his coaching staff too! In any case, given how folk are behaving now I think half the heads on the forum will have exploded by February ? I'm sure once upon a time there were some funny bamfords on here, whereas now it's a never-ending stream of angst and woe.Perhaps I just imagined it all ?

15 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Two of them haven’t even played more than a handful of times this season but fair enough.

I’m personally glad to see the back of players like Jerome and Johnson and think what we have now is a lot better if managed correctly as last season showed. 

I said in the original post, “at that time” not now...

Cocus radio Derby interview was really worrying, he doesn’t inspire me at all. I am starting to question him now, we are going backwards. We haven’t scored in 5 away games, not won away since the opening game. Something has to give, should we give cocu the January transfer window? I am 50/50 to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I think some bits of this post are strange- Bielik has generally been good. So has Holmes. Maybe they weren't today, I haven't gone but at home both players have been performing generally well. Wayne Rooney hasn't even played a match yet! Maybe it will be more positive in January with him playing. Big names? Lampard got us to playoff final and Ashley Cole was pretty solid for us. 

I agree it's grim.

For me Bielik isn't doing anywhere near enough to justify a fee that is pretty huge for a mid-lower table Championship side. He is bypassed time and time again away from home and he doesn't control a game anywhere near enough for a player of his size and ability. Holmes is a completely different player to the one we saw when he broke through this time last year.

The Rooney signing just signalled to me a club who were desperate to remain in the limelight to the wider world. Brilliant for sponsors because they have the chance to make money from this, but on the pitch he isn't what we need. And that positive PR on home soil was just undone by the Keogh incident. When you look at the money we spent in the summer on Bielik and whatever we are paying Rooney per week, you could build the basis of a decent Championship side who would be up towards the top 8. As it happens you've got Rooney coming into this side to feed off the occasional Scott Malone and Martyn Waghorn cross that beats the first man. It's not what this side needs and it's not what the club needs.

Do any of the players ever feel like apologising for the poo they put out there? Or are they all defensive and proud? Hamer sounds like Keogh

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Easy for you to say when you don't have to settle the remaining 3 years of his contract and those of all his coaching staff too! In any case, given how folk are behaving now I think half the heads on the forum will have exploded by February ? I'm sure once upon a time there were some funny bamfords on here, whereas now it's a never-ending stream of angst and woe.Perhaps I just imagined it all ?

I imagine it would cost them plenty in lost revenue if we keep going how we're going too, though! It's hard not to feel negative and deflated this season I have to say, seeing Forest in the playoffs and Leeds in the automatics whilst we are in the bottom half on our worst away run for 11 years. 

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I've been posting all day mate. If you take me off 'ignore' that might help! ??

'All day' ! Ha !  Barely said a word  during the actual game ...a fair weather poster perhaps !

Give us the benefit of your analysis - what is your positive spin on today and our worst run in 11 years ?

Archived