V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

The game was awful and I don’t think anyone would say otherwise, but let’s be honest it’s not like we haven’t endured games like this under previous managers. Last winter when Mount was out we looked equally terrible, shot shy and devoid of ideas.

the excuses have been made on here time and time again (pre-season, the three loans, injuries, etc) and although justified we can’t just keep rolling them out every time there’s a poor performance.

I’m dismayed by the fact we looked good against ‘Boro and Preston but then changed it. The only way I can make sense of it is the away form being a huge concern and they’re looking at ways to combat it. We played this formation against QPR which may have been seen as a safer way to attempt it and get players accustomed to it before trying it away to be more solid. That’s the only way I can make sense of it but I may be clutching at straws.

We need to stick with Cocu, everything he’s doing screams long term and you don’t abandon that so soon. If we’re playing like this at the end of the season and the beginning of next then I’ll be with those thinking this isn’t working but not now.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Well I am assuming you are including me in your targeted attack. Its not 100% clear as you have targeted a Paul. On checking I can see Paul joined a couple of years ago but has a zero content count, so I can only guess you mean me, unless your random attempt at internet bullying has fallen a bit flat because I don't see the other Paul responding to be honest.

Anyway to respond, if you did in fact mean me, I have a life outside of Derby county don't you know. I barely followed the game yesterday due to other commitments and was spending time with my wife so apologies for my tardiness in not considering your feelings in not posting yesterday, mental note: must do better in future in posting on DCFC fans at all times of day.

Anyway, by all accounts we were rubbish. You state some of us are always positive, if you had read last weeks match day thread you would see i was far from positive, perhaps you didnt read that one as we didnt lose though....you know maintaining a balance and all. Funny how lots of the 'negative' posters go missing when we dont lose isnt it and you talk about spin and balance.

Anyway welcome to the forum. It is a bit odd how you have such in depth experience of some of us for a new user, a bit odd if you ask me that first thing you do when joining a forum is target specific people. That is assuming you arent a recycled user hiding behind a new user name, even odder.

I am sure there is much more I could say to describe how i feel about your post but @David might be giving me some warning points for doing so.

Merry Christmas.

Smells like that ***** chap who was always accusing Rynny of bullying him and calling everyone 'embarrassing'. Weirdly I'd already posted that I thought the players were hideous yesterday both technically and in their lack of urgency and desire but he still demanded a positive spin. 

As we all know that was utter tripe!

The positive signs from the small run of games up to Preston has completely vanished and we probably look worse than at any point this season. I think there may be some truth in @WilkoRams theory that he’s trying to address the away form with a different formation, however what he’s inadvertently done is ripped out the green shoots of recovery!

We now have zero attacking threat, are playing like poo and STILL leaking goals! He needs to revert back Preston formation/tactics of two up top and try an rebuild from there.......but will be do this?

Any momentum we had is now lost and it’s going to take a huge effort to get it back as morale looks totally shot. It’s certainly not been easy for Cocu with the injuries, pre season, dealing with idiot players, etc, however he needs to show improvement soon or he will lose a lot of fans.

i have to say we desperately miss Harry Wilson, his goals were invaluable even if his general play was a mixed bag. I think some fans have forgotten how bad we were last season at times especially in dec and Jan without Mount, it was Wilson’s goals that kept us in the chase. Cocu hasn’t really had much time to improve the squad that Lampard had minus those three cracking loans!

Also what the hell was he doing picking that waste of space Dowell? I know we’ve got injuries but really?

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Also what the hell was he doing picking that waste of space Dowell? I know we’ve got injuries but really?

If this is all some sort of weird experiment by Cocu I'd rather he'd played a U23. Lots of the midfielders look to have reasonable talent.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Also what the hell was he doing picking that waste of space Dowell?

That was my big annoyance when I saw the team. We should be using Knight or Sibley (or Bird) whenever possible rather than wasting a slot on Dowell. Send him back FFS.

Oh well, that's another pesky game chalked off the fixture list. To me that's the way it feels, that we are just there to make up the numbers. I've gone back to the despondency of the Nigel Clough years, where we tread water without any real ambition.

18 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Reading, Wigan & Middlesbrough are our next 3 away games. If we don’t get anything from those games we could be in serious trouble. We can’t just rely on our home games.

I don’t understand why he’s changed formation & dropped Martin & Marriott or why he waited so long to make substitutions today. We only really threw everything at it for the last 10 minutes.

I haven’t heard Cocu’s interview but if he was more concerned about conceding again than trying to get something out of the match that’s worrying.

Apparently he felt we were playing well at the time, so he held back from the substitutions so that he didn't interrrupt it. From that I can only deduce that we had two teams out yesterday, the one that shared the same pitch as Blackburn, and then the team that Cocu was watching.

The only good news is that Nigel Pearson has gone to Watford whichcvreates the possibility that we could get him back to Derby on loan in the New Year because Pearson doesn't seem to like players who can play football. 

23 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

Big Dunc gets an out-of-form Everton to transform from an average of 17 tackles per game to a 10-year high of 37 tackles. And they beat Chelsea.

hard work and effort

It's not too much to ask.

Big Dunk.....a burglars worst nightmare

Not read anything here but watching the highlights on the goal two things come to light;

1) Hamer was about 1 foot off his starting position and was leaving too much of a gap to his near post. That one foot made the difference between saving it and not saving it.

2) I picked this up immediately at the game but a few seconds before the ball was played to Armstrong, Forsyth got pulled out wide. Malone dropped in but immediately wanted out of there and was desperate for Forsyth to get back. Subsequently, he was about 5-6 yards higher up that Davies and Wisdom and left a gap in behind him. Pass played to Armstrong, he dribbles a little to the side and shoots. This was the space your left sided centre back would have been marking.

Two little things but the difference between leaving with one point or zero points.

On 08/12/2019 at 10:46, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Smells like that ***** chap who was always accusing Rynny of bullying him and calling everyone 'embarrassing'. Weirdly I'd already posted that I thought the players were hideous yesterday both technically and in their lack of urgency and desire but he still demanded a positive spin. 

Bully you say? 

SilentElatedFireant-size_restricted.gif

Archived