V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Appreciated all the same. I think I know who it might be anyway and he's not a newbie just someone who skulked off with his tail between his legs and has now re-grown a pair. Not sure why he's digging out the others though as they're not half the gobshite I am ?

True dat!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Cocu out!

Why?

We're too defensive - get Hughton in.

We don't play good football - we need Warnock. Is Pullis available?

We don't need yet another transition year - get a new manager in who will hit the ground running.

With this squad, albeit minus the four best players from last year and who just about managed to drag us into the playoffs, we should be certs for automatic promotion this year.

Why when he had a 3 week preseason with two of those in Florida and no money to spend, why didn't Cocu replace the weaker players in the squad?

Why all the swapping of players and formations, we should be experimenting instead.

Sheesh!!!

I get the feeling it's gonna be a long old season mate ?

I am absolutely baffled - we had a very poor start to the season, apart from that away game, but accepted it because of the all the crap thrown at us during the close season. Given the squad we have, people began shouting for Martin and Marriott up top, and despite the being good signs in the mini pre-season, they seemed detined to never play together ever again. Then suddenly we played them together for two or three games and we stated to look like we were a football team. We even played a diamond formation in one of them and looked the best we have all season. Then we dropped the diamond, then we started dropping Marriott, and then we dropped Martin. Somehow bouncy-shins Waghorn is a better target man/hold-up player than Martin, despite the fact that he can't control the ball, and can't pass it to a team-mate, although that seems to be the qualification for getting picked in the last couple of games at least. We found tha two up top gave us a gretaer threat going forwards, but after two games proving the point we now play one up top. None of it makes sense.

There have been doubters saying that if Martin starts the next match he'd better produce more than the last couple of games. He'll only do that if he gets the ball, and if he has players to pass to. That hasn't happened because Cocu seems to like the idea of hiding in our penalty area and creating colossal distances from defence to midfield, and from midfield to strikers. Others have wondered about Weimman, but he suffered from what turns out to be the Derby way - take a player who is a good central sriker and play him out wide, even though he is a central striker, not a winger. We've done it with Lawrence, Beilik, Holmes, Bogle, Dawkins, Hughes, and probably a dozen others all played out of position and therfore not produce their best for us. Since going to Bristol he has scored a load of goals, because for some strange reason they figure that playing a central striker as a central striker is a good idea. I don't where they got that one from, it certainly wasn't from Derby.

And the most obvious manifestation of the Derby way to come to our attention this season is that you set the team up to strangle the life out of it for most of the match and then when we have gone behind, wait and wait and wait .............. and wait, then bring on a couple of subs for the last 10 minutes and throw men forward. It scares the pants off the other team and we actually look like we might score, or at least get a shot somewhere near the target, but before that actually happens the ref blows his whistle. We do have the players to threaten the opposition, and we can play as if we want to win, but only do it for 10 minutes when the game is already gone. And we always run out of time. Even Frank did it at Wembley, although that was probably to make his departure decision easier to make. 

It is baffling why Cocu seems to want to do this every match, and as many have said on here, all he has got to show for all his alleged nous is a load of players who are getting worse and worse, and some of the worst football seen at Derby for ages - and that in itself takes some doing.

Answers please, although that won't be comng from Mel or Phil, I wouldn't have thought. It is more likely that Boris Johnson will have told the truth before that happens.

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I am absolutely baffled - we had a very poor start to the season, apart from that away game, but accepted it because of the all the crap thrown at us during the close season. Given the squad we have, people began shouting for Martin and Marriott up top, and despite the being good signs in the mini pre-season, they seemed detined to never play together ever again. Then suddenly we played them together for two or three games and we stated to look like we were a football team. We even played a diamond formation in one of them and looked the best we have all season. Then we dropped the diamond, then we started dropping Marriott, and then we dropped Martin. Somehow bouncy-shins Waghorn is a better target man/hold-up player than Martin, despite the fact that he can't control the ball, and can't pass it to a team-mate, although that seems to be the qualification for getting picked in the last couple of games at least. We found tha two up top gave us a gretaer threat going forwards, but after two games proving the point we now play one up top. None of it makes sense.

There have been doubters saying that if Martin starts the next match he'd better produce more than the last couple of games. He'll only do that if he gets the ball, and if he has players to pass to. That hasn't happened because Cocu seems to like the idea of hiding in our penalty area and creating colossal distances from defence to midfield, and from midfield to strikers. Others have wondered about Weimman, but he suffered from what turns out to be the Derby way - take a player who is a good central sriker and play him out wide, even though he is a central striker, not a winger. We've done it with Lawrence, Beilik, Holmes, Bogle, Dawkins, Hughes, and probably a dozen others. Since going to Bristol he has scored a load of goals, because for some strange reason they figure that playing a central striker as a central striker is a good idea. I don't where they got that one from, it certainly wasn't from Derby.

And the most obvious manifestation of the Derby way to come to our attention this season is that you set the team up to strangle the life out of it for most of the match and trhen when we have gone behind, wait and wait and wait .............. and wait, then bring on a couple of subs for the last 10 minutes and throw men foreward. It scares the pants off the other team and we actually look like we might score, or at least get a shot somewhere nea the target, but before htat actually happens the ref blowdss his whistle. We do have the players to threaten the opposition, and we can play as if we want to win, but only do it for 10 minutes when the game is already gone. And we always run out of time. Even Frank did it at Wembley, although that was probably to make his departure decision easier to make. 

It is baffling why Cocu seems to want to do this every match, and as many have said on here, all he has got to show for all his alleged nous is a load of players who are getting worse and worse, and some of the worst football seen at Derby for ages - and that in itself takes some doing.

Answers please, although that won't be comng from Mel or Phil, I wouldn't have thought. It is more likely that Boris Johnson will hav e told the truth.

As much as I think it is wrong to get rid of Cocu, the more we slide down the league and play woefully, and the more he makes inept team selections the more I think by the time we get rid of him we will be in and around the relegation zone, I am starting to worry that if results don't pick up we will be in a real relegation scrap before we know it. Our squad looks to good for that, but with how poorly it is being utilised I wouldn't rule it out.

10 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

There have been doubters saying that if Martin starts the next match he'd better produce more than the last couple of games. He'll only do that if he gets the ball, and if he has players to pass to. That hasn't happened because Cocu seems to like the idea of hiding in our penalty area and creating colossal distances from defence to midfield, and from midfield to strikers. Others have wondered about Weimman, but he suffered from what turns out to be the Derby way - take a player who is a good central sriker and play him out wide, even though he is a central striker, not a winger. We've done it with Lawrence, Beilik, Holmes, Bogle, Dawkins, Hughes, and probably a dozen others all played out of position and therfore not produce their best for us. Since going to Bristol he has scored a load of goals, because for some strange reason they figure that playing a central striker as a central striker is a good idea. I don't where they got that one from, it certainly wasn't from Derby.

And the most obvious manifestation of the Derby way to come to our attention this season is that you set the team up to strangle the life out of it for most of the match and then when we have gone behind, wait and wait and wait .............. and wait, then bring on a couple of subs for the last 10 minutes and throw men forward. It scares the pants off the other team and we actually look like we might score, or at least get a shot somewhere near the target, but before that actually happens the ref blows his whistle. We do have the players to threaten the opposition, and we can play as if we want to win, but only do it for 10 minutes when the game is already gone. And we always run out of time. Even Frank did it at Wembley, although that was probably to make his departure decision easier to make. 

Answers please, although that won't be comng from Mel or Phil, I wouldn't have thought. It is more likely that Boris Johnson will have told the truth before that happens.

Every word is true.

What the hell is Cocu about?!

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is what I really don't get. I don't want to see the youngsters dropped in it the deep-end, but if he plays Dowell instead!!!

Dowell hasn't performed in any game really. Can't think that Knight has done anything wrong in his appearances. Why persist?

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Too attacking for Cocu. If you pass the halfway line you’re straight out the team

Now you say it, Bogle has genuinely looked allergic to that white stripe at times

I look at the next 4 games and think 2 points at best TBH ,Wendies we will loose, Millwall at home a draw , Reading away a loss and Wigan away a draw , with about 2goals scored by us in those games.  Unless he gets his poo together and plays a diamond , Marriott and Martin upfront , Knight in midfield , and also bring in Lowe in for Malone we look hopeless.  We were decent a few games ago , then he has the wonderful idea of playing 3/5ATB and dropping Martin and Marriott. Shocking team selection, Paterson should be given a chance for Lawrence, he cant be any more poo.

2 hours ago, lrm14 said:

What part of 'transition season' is difficult to understand?

I'm all for giving managers time but using the transition word to try and excuse what we had to watch for 80 minutes today doesnt wash with me.

Transitioning doesnt excuse being able to pass the ball 10 yards, not pressing the opposition, creating no chances and just basically showing no attacking intent.

I mean what are we even transitioning to?

What formation are we going to be playing? What players does he want?

20 matches in and I have no idea to the answer to either.

If it's all about transition, why on earth are we playing Dowell? Why are we playing Waghorn up top on his own?

I dont mind transition but I do mind paying £28 to watch garbage like that. Give the fans at least some excitement or he wont get the time to transition. Simple as that.

19 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Cocu out!

Why?

We're too defensive - get Hughton in.

We don't play good football - we need Warnock. Is Pullis available?

We don't need yet another transition year - get a new manager in who will hit the ground running.

With this squad, albeit minus the four best players from last year and who just about managed to drag us into the playoffs, we should be certs for automatic promotion this year.

Why when he had a 3 week preseason with two of those in Florida and no money to spend, why didn't Cocu replace the weaker players in the squad?

Why all the swapping of players and formations, we should be experimenting instead.

Sheesh!!!

No Money to spend?  He's spent more than Lampard!

How are Swansea doing so well then, James, McBurnie and Ayew sold? Narsingh and Fer released due to wages. They have an unproven manager.  

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Every word is true.

What the hell is Cocu about?!

I am totally baffled.....he manages like this is his first season ever to take charge of a football club,not a internationally renowned league winner.

Are we sure this is actually cocu and not a body double planted by Leeds and the real one is tied up somewhere in a elland road basement?

Archived