Fulham (A) vs Derby - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

TBH we would be better off if we had a good keeper and if waghorn could take penalties

Martin looking good (not tonight), good youth coming through, and winnable games until feb

Probably wont get play offs, but things looking  much better than few weeks ago

And this result does forest no favours, so Im not too fussed

Chill guys, few transfers next summer and we will be top 6 contenders at least

we need more than " a few transfers" last year we scraped top 6 by the skin of our teeth with 3 of the best players in the league in our team, now without those we have been exposed as the midtable side that we are, we need pretty much a whole new team to be brutally honest, apart from Shinnie, Bielik , possibly Martin , Bogle on top form but not on recent form, and some of the young players coming through and potentially Rooney as long as he is fit enough  nobody strikes me as promotion quality players. Even players like Davies, Forsyth, Holmes Waghorn  and Lawrence who are supposed to be some of our better players are nowhere near good enough to be starting week in week out for a promotion quality side, no good scraping top 6 by fat chance and then loosing in the play offs like we usually do, promotion has to be the aim.

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

What don't you get about it? What has Marriott done in the last few months, apart from miss a sitter at Forest? He offers nothing if he's not scoring.

Honestly, Marriott is rapidly becoming one of those players who fans cleave to no matter what. As if he's the answer to everything.

In that time how many minutes has he actually played?

For example, has he played 10 full games in a row?

And how has he been played? As part of a front two playing with a decent target man?

Cocu is a joker. “I’m pleased with the second half, we showed character and had a couple of chances”.

no Phillip we did okay for the first 4 mins and then we’re rubbish for the next 90.

almost no positives and another drubbing away from home.

last 4 away games

4 losses

0 scored

10 conceded

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Disagree. We wouldn't concede the same 3 goals. But that doesn't mean it would finish 0-0. They would have scored goals. Were putting balls in the box for fun all game.

The real problem is we were going there to frustrate them get a goal, but a Roos mistake I’m the first 5 has us chasing.

We defended quite well from open play however and they didn’t have any easy chances bar the 3 gifts from the keeper. 

12 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

3 goals, 3 mistakes from Roos, replacement needed asap. We could have played for another 90 minutes and not looked like scoring. Players walking around the pitch, losing the ball and not fighting to win it back. Really hope Cocu doesnt come out and try to defend that performance.

Preston game shows we have technically good players, just a serious lack of character & temperament.

That's pretty much the story of Derby for many a season

Just to put a little bit of perspective on this.

Fulham played Friday night. Mitrovic has had a long rest. We meanwhile battled hard to beat Preston and lost players to injury. We don't have the quality Fulham have.

We have two cb who no one would have picked to be our first choices, big ask on Forsyth to play two matches in quick succession.

We had two fluffed chances, chances you really should be scoring. We gave them their goals. Our attacking play lets us down. All of their goals were avoidable with basic goalkeeping and defending.

Positives - Bielik. Lowe was good going forward and Whittaker made a big difference.

On the whole I don't think we have played badly the last few away games. But individuals have had poor games. Cocu can't put the ball in the net for these players. But I think he has to drop Roos. 

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Naive view of Marriott I am afraid.  Marriott makes defenders worry and keeps defenders on their back foot.  However, he needs a) players to press with him (look at West Brom away and Leeds away last season) and/or b) to attack quickly.  Marriott has been injured and has not had a run of games.  He got into positions against forest and created (himself) more efforts in that game than about 3 full away matches when he has not played.  It was surprising not to see him start since.

I don't think it's naive at all.

Marriott can't play with his back to goal, can't head it, can't play up front on his own and isn't fit enough to press. Essentially you have to set up the entire side to accommodate him, and we cannot afford to do that (and we don't have the players anyway). When you look at his goalscoring record for us it's not exactly spectacular.

Two managers (including the one who brought him here) have clearly not taken to him. What was it people used to say about Keogh? "Every manager who he's played under has picked him".

If Marriott was as good we're convinced he is then managers wouldn't be able to drop him.

13 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

What don't you get about it? What has Marriott done in the last few months, apart from miss a sitter at Forest? He offers nothing if he's not scoring.

Honestly, Marriott is rapidly becoming one of those players who fans cleave to no matter what. As if he's the answer to everything.

When did he last have a good run in the side ????? He can’t do anything if he isn’t playing regularly !!!

Just now, BondJovi said:

Just to put a little bit of perspective on this.

Fulham played Friday night. Mitrovic has had a long rest. We meanwhile battled hard to beat Preston and lost players to injury. We don't have the quality Fulham have.

We have two cb who no one would have picked to be our first choices, big ask on Forsyth to play to matches in quick succession.

We had two fluffed chances, chances you really should be scoring. We gave them their goals. Our attacking play lets us down. All of their goals were avoidable with basic goalkeeping and defending.

Positives - Bielik. Lowe was good going forward and Whittaker made a big difference.

On the whole I don't think we have played badly the last few away games. But individuals have had poor games. Cocu can't put the ball in the net for these players. But I think he has to drop Roos. 

Great post, agree completely.

4 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

The real problem is we were going there to frustrate them get a goal, but a Roos mistake I’m the first 5 has us chasing.

We defended quite well from open play however and they didn’t have any easy chances bar the 3 gifts from the keeper. 

Exactly this.

No goal conceded in the first 10 minutes and we actually have a chance. Again Roos let us down. Big money GK signing in January, play Hamer in the meantime and we certainly can't do any worse.

Archived