Fulham (A) vs Derby - Match Thread

Comrade 86

I shall resist the rather tempting urge to go and taunt the people who responded to my thread knocking Roos by saying he wasn't costing us points.

The reality is we're all Rams fans, we all want to win and it's gives me zero ducking satisfaction seeing him do what he does, but more so.

Some good stuff in parts of the second half and I'm not entirely discouraged.

Fulham reminded of Villa last season in so much as they are just too good for us.

No shame in that. Hang in there until Rooney arrives and then let's see what happens.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Jack Marriott scored against Man United, Leeds 2nd leg and scored at Wembley.

I dont care what Cocu said, I want to know why Jack Marriott isn't playing bloody football.

I love Jack Marriott, but he hasnt exactly been prolific for us this season or last. He has been poor last few games as well. That is why he isnt starting.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

3-0 FT.

A far superior team, who I think win that game 9 out of 10 times.

Does that excuse this performance? No. Fulham being good does not excuse Roos inability to control his area. Fulham being good does not excuse our forwards being incapable of scoring multiple chances from within 6 yards; nor their inability to get a shot on target. And Fulham being good does not excuse the sheer lack of energy we had on the ball for all of the game before Whittaker came on (and then after the 3rd goal was scored).

However, I think its important not to overreact at some other aspects of this performance. For example, both Lowe and Bogle struggled heavily in their match-ups on the wing, but their opposite numbers are two of the best wingers in the league who are athletically superior in every way to Jayden and Max.

Bielik our best player by some distance. Then a bad bunch. Maybe Whittaker takes spot no.2?

Bring on the home games!

It’s 0-0 with a solid keeper. They weren’t far superior it was just a good home team performance. If we turn up with a solid keeper we either draw that or nick a goal on the break. 

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

Anyone know when our next 3-0 defeat in London is? Think it's only QPR away left now?

QPR in Feb, Millwall in March.

Another inept performance and not a single effort on target is a disgrace,we are creating more pressure on ourselves to win our home games and if that run comes to an end we could be in big trouble ,just dont get how chalk and cheese we are it as to be down to preparation and tactics.

As for the Marriott conundrum it looks like its a carry on from last season were Lampard would not pick him because he is a dam lazy arse in training. 

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

What don't you get about it? What has Marriott done in the last few months, apart from miss a sitter at Forest? He offers nothing if he's not scoring.

Honestly, Marriott is rapidly becoming one of those players who fans cleave to no matter what. As if he's the answer to everything.

Naive view of Marriott I am afraid.  Marriott makes defenders worry and keeps defenders on their back foot.  However, he needs a) players to press with him (look at West Brom away and Leeds away last season) and/or b) to attack quickly.  Marriott has been injured and has not had a run of games.  He got into positions against forest and created (himself) more efforts in that game than about 3 full away matches when he has not played.  It was surprising not to see him start since.

Just now, DcfcJB said:

It’s 0-0 with a solid keeper. They weren’t far superior it was just a good home team performance. If we turn up with a solid keeper we either draw that or nick a goal on the break. 

Disagree. We wouldn't concede the same 3 goals. But that doesn't mean it would finish 0-0. They would have scored goals. Were putting balls in the box for fun all game.

Just now, ramboy63 said:

Another inept performance and not a single effort on target is a disgrace,we are creating more pressure on ourselves to win our home games and if that run comes to an end we could be in big trouble ,just dont get how chalk and cheese we are it as to be down to preparation and tactics.

I would suggest the opposite. Why would the tactics only work 50% of the time? I think the tactics are fine, it's the psychology that's wrong. 

1 minute ago, DcfcJB said:

I thiiiiiiiiink I agree with this, but I am 3 Asahi’s in...

6 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Honestly think we'd be 3-5 points better off if we'd had Carson in goal all season instead of Roos. Can't believe people who are professionally involved in football sanctioned our goalkeeping decision for this season. 

3515395884.jpg.fb56a31c082179b73cb95e90c1495153.jpg

He's a bit old but I'd have to agree.

Fulham were the better team but we looked nice and calm in possession and the little link ups were very nice.

Whittaker looks a great prospect  and Rooney coming in will compliment this team immensely.

But with the unstable Roos at the back installing zero confidence and our lack of actual goal threat it all points to a mid table finish , which is expected with the rebuilding required.

That being said if we get a decent keeper in January things could quickly change and we could skirt around the playoffs.

Its all about having a confident man behind our shaky defence.

Lets hope something happens in January. COYR?

I would love to know what Roos does to get picked every week. He is not good enough for this level of football. Lawrence, you get hope later up, then just show up with a performance which basically looks like you just don’t fancy it anymore.

I might be moaning and moaning but where are simply the players that want to play for the badge that they have the honour to wear? 

Take bottom half this year and go again. But Cocu is wearing massively thin for me.. why change the formation every game!? Make it worse I’m on nights... bloody eck

...and everyone take a breath. Chill your beans. We weren't going to win the league on Saturday evening, and we're not going down tonight.

We got dicked away to as good a side as there is in the division, probably. Keep the faith. No wrist slashing. Get behind our man.

Come on. Give each other a cuddle. 

Archived