Fulham (A) vs Derby - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful, awful performance away.  Another game without a clean sheet, another game where we have not competed and another game conceding 2 or more.  Probably most worryingly looking like another 'no shots on target' came.  

Baffling substitution again with Whittaker, who looked far from ready away at Hull.

Roos could have cost us at the weekend but certainly did tonight.  Our easy run of home games have glossed over matters recently.

3-0 FT.

A far superior team, who I think win that game 9 out of 10 times.

Does that excuse this performance? No. Fulham being good does not excuse Roos inability to control his area. Fulham being good does not excuse our forwards being incapable of scoring multiple chances from within 6 yards; nor their inability to get a shot on target. And Fulham being good does not excuse the sheer lack of energy we had on the ball for all of the game before Whittaker came on (and then after the 3rd goal was scored).

However, I think its important not to overreact at some other aspects of this performance. For example, both Lowe and Bogle struggled heavily in their match-ups on the wing, but their opposite numbers are two of the best wingers in the league who are athletically superior in every way to Jayden and Max.

Bielik our best player by some distance. Then a bad bunch. Maybe Whittaker takes spot no.2?

Bring on the home games!

3 goals, 3 mistakes from Roos, replacement needed asap. We could have played for another 90 minutes and not looked like scoring. Players walking around the pitch, losing the ball and not fighting to win it back. Really hope Cocu doesnt come out and try to defend that performance.

Preston game shows we have technically good players, just a serious lack of character & temperament.

TBH we would be better off if we had a good keeper and if waghorn could take penalties

Martin looking good (not tonight), good youth coming through, and winnable games until feb

Probably wont get play offs, but things looking  much better than few weeks ago

And this result does forest no favours, so Im not too fussed

Chill guys, few transfers next summer and we will be top 6 contenders at least

2 minutes ago, Justa said:

Fair enough but I don’t get comments like this - tonight hasn’t been good enough and that can’t be argued with.

I think some of the confusion is why young players are coming on instead of Marriott ??

What don't you get about it? What has Marriott done in the last few months, apart from miss a sitter at Forest? He offers nothing if he's not scoring.

Honestly, Marriott is rapidly becoming one of those players who fans cleave to no matter what. As if he's the answer to everything.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Another away game, another 3-0 loss. While the performance hasn’t been atrocious, these results are really concerning.

I just don't get how we can be so good at home but so poor away. I just don't understand it. Something has got to change, fed up of the same nonsense every week. From now, something has to change away from home.

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

Awful, awful performance away.  Another game without a clean sheet, another game where we have not competed and another game conceding 2 or more.  

Baffling substitution again with Whittaker, who looked far from ready away at Hull.

Roos could have cost us at the weekend but certainly did tonight.  Our easy run of home games have glossed over matters recently.

I take exception to your comment about Whittaker who I thought was our second best player behind Bielik. Certainly did more in his short spell than the rest of the front line.

Archived