Fulham (A) vs Derby - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Waghorn left on just makes me laugh - oh and he missed another good chance.

My theory with Waghorn is that you don’t build a team round him, but you have to bring him in to a settled side with a specific role. That’s essentially what Lampard eventually did last season and he looked fine. Put him an side trying to find their feet then he looks lost at sea.

Not a bad player but any stretch but he’s not had a great season so far 

Tell you what lads, dunno if its just me on the dark fruits or what, but that performance was poo. absolutely poo. but what can ye do ay? we are always awful at craven cottage, is what it is. tek the loss, move on. Morgan Whittaker seemed proper when he came on, would like to see more. think Marriott should of come on earlier. Bielik wa alrate too. 
I’ve defended Roos alot but tonight was not on, bring in that dawson from the wendy and jobs a fish. 

On saturday would like to see Whittaker and Marriott in the team, i’ll stay optimistic because fulham have a solid as duck squad.

In PCoc we trust and we go again

Time for me to hit the hay work int morning and dont want a bad hangover

come on you rams ? 

We're mid table Championship. We'll get this. Great performance at Preston, poo performance tonight. There isn't a huge margin between us and the top teams. The only difference is consistency. Whilst our away form is so bad, we won't gain any ground from our great home games. That being said, Fulham is a tough place to go and they have some top attacking talent, so it's not the end of the world.

We are all Derby fans and its very difficult to hear all of this criticism of Roos...he comes across ( excuse the pun ) as a decent lad but he really is not good enough and needs leaving out.

I also think in away games we need more steel at the back if we get a new CB then Fozzy back to LB or Malone and Wisdom pr someone stronger defensively in at RB

I thought Bielik did well tonight although Evans looked a bit lost at times

Going forward I have to say Holmes is not the answer regarding supply and Waggy is no wide player

Martin is good at holding the ball up but I personally do not like his body language when it is not going well , shrugging his shoulders etc

If we could get a younger more mobile front man who can hold it up I'd do just that in Jan window

Lawrence had a poor game but recently has been good so hopefully just a one off

Dissapointingly Davies was just as much to blame for there second goal as was Roos as he was nowhere near strong enough

I still beleive in Cocu and what and where he wants us to go but the away performances and personnel has to change for me, get rid of the lightweights Holmes,Lowe,Bogle,Dowell in away games and be more robust

At times tonight we moved it well but ultimately no shots on target is nowhere near good enough

COYR 

One more thing to add.

After the performance on Saturday, how could Cocu not go with that lineup? Maybe Marriott on earlier as sub but otherwise I don't see what else was possible with the personnel available.

Hopefully the prospect of Rooney being around gives the players a lift to forget this and move on.

Bielik the only plus for me and even he made the odd bad decision and poor pass.

I know it's harsh criticising youngsters coming on when the side is playing so badly and I know a lot of you are looking for a glimmer of hope but, even so, I'm surprised at the praise for Whittaker - he missed with 2 or 3 very simple passes.

That said, that doesn't rule him out of MoTM - aside from Bielik - the others were so bad. All of them, not just Roos.

Just now, Don't Panic said:

serious question do we have a defensive coach ?  Never been so nervous everytime an opponent hits a cross into our box ☹️

Be fair. We've lost Malone, Keogh, Clarke all to injury. We have Fozzy just coming back into the first team picture, and two young fullbacks, and a nervous wreck of a goalkeeper. It's harsh to blame on the coaching, to be honest. We could just do with bolstering in that area.

25 minutes ago, enachops said:

We never laid a glove on them.l going forward.

If Lawrence had connected with that early move, it could have been different. Still if we had a competent keeper and then Waghorn had shooting boots on. Different game then.

Archived