Fulham (A) vs Derby - Match Thread

Comrade 86

12 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

As bad as Roos was, Martin, Lawrence, Waghorn, were just as dire. Our squad is in need off a major overhaul, we are moving backwards, don’t matter who is in charge that isn’t going to change.

It was a poor transfer window imo, we have failed in the loan market miserably this season whereas last it was one of the reasons we reached the PL final. Love to know what Roseinor (however you spell it) is bringing to the club, I thought he was brought in to help with the shortcomings in PCs championship experience ??

Our squad might be having a major overhaul. Give PC time ffs.

No point in reaching PO finals on the back of loan players IMO.  This time Saturday night we were all praising the team.  Fulham are a good side, will prob go up automatically with Leeds, Preston let us play football like a not very confident away team does.  Fulham worked very hard to stop any of this like a confident, talented home side.

This isn’t going to be our season.  We knew this.  I had confidence tonight, built from good football on Saturday, but reality showed how far away from a promotion squad we are.  

But again, we knew this after FL left us without a paddle, to forfill his dreams?

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, falconram said:

Since Huddlestone went off at Barnsley we haven't scored , lost every away game prior to this we were able to grind out a point , are we missing his leadership , he's not the fastest but experience and brain over Beilek.

Too many players going missing for a whole game Lawrence ,Waghorn unable to cross Lowe and Bogle, too many issues starting to cause concern away from home, time for a total rethink 

Since Huddlestone limped off we have a 100% home record. Easy to look at stats. Fact was we were playing terrible away long before Barnsley

Bielik can't do the job of 3 players in midfield. Everyone blames Roos but we were overrun in midfield, too lightweight, no energy, had no time on the ball and were made to look very average by a decent Fulham side. Evans, Dowell, Holmes not up to it...maybe time for Knight and Sibley to get a go?

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I had next to no hope of a result in this game, so not at all fussed with the loss. It's becoming the norm to lose 3-0 away from home. 

On to the next one. 

I didn’t expect anything either but too many of these poor away performances after conceding first, heads just seem to go 

17 minutes ago, Topram said:

I didn’t expect anything either but too many of these poor away performances after conceding first, heads just seem to go 

Heads did go didn’t they, 8 mins 

We used to have a reputation of coming back from being behind. Is the away form becoming a ‘thing’ in the way we approach games now?

Sadly somehow this isn't even the worst Derby away game in London this season! Sat grimly with my Fulham supporting brother in law this time. Brentford, Charlton and then tonight is the worst trilogy of consecutive Rams games I can remember attending.

1. Where is the midfield? I think we are at a point where through injury, bad existing fits and just bad signings we lack the players to play as Cocu would like. Bielik was our midfielder. Waghoen and Holmes did nothing to create play but were too deep to generate anything, and too poor to hold onto the ball. Holmes I thought was terrible tonight, bullied all night and exposed as a bit of a one dimensional player. Worse, because Bielik stepped up to the playe he picked up several knocks that could well have taken him out the game.

2. Time for Hamer to get a go. I could forgive Roos for his slightly anxious command if everything was was done well... but it wasn't. What is Shay Given doing with him?

3. Where is the Plan B? I knew from about 10 minutes in how the subsequent 80 would go, but... nothing was tried.

Worrying. Glad the home form is good enough to keep us mid table, but if the club is to succeed I suspect 5 or 6 or those playing have no future beyond this season.

27 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Heads did go didn’t they, 8 mins 

We used to have a reputation of coming back from being behind. Is the away form becoming a ‘thing’ in the way we approach games now?

Yes mate, unfortunately away it’s like there’s no belief or hope in this squad at all

This team is unrecognisable from last year. No Keogh, no Tomori, no Mount, no Wilson, no Johnson. We have no spine. Are there 5-6 players you would bank on starting every game?

We don't have a settled team with players that have played together for an extended period of time and have developed partnerships and an understanding of their roles on the pitch.

We have been unfortunate with injuries all season. But it's fair to say that Cocu has done a fair amount of unenforced and unnecessary tinkering in his attempts to figure out his best side.

And now people are calling for Roos to be dropped? It will be counter productive. How do we expect to achieve any level of consistency if we change the team game after game?

Roos had a bad game, but so did countless others it seems. Are we going to drop the other 7-8 players too?

Archived