Fulham (A) vs Derby - Match Thread

Comrade 86

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I would suggest the opposite. Why would the tactics only work 50% of the time? I think the tactics are fine, it's the psychology that's wrong. 

Exactly.

Also; our finishing is just as bad home and away. We just create more chances at home because the players magically have more energy.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ll get pelters for it, but I’m rapidly losing faith in Cocu with these away results. What happens at home becomes immaterial if you’re getting dicked every other week away from home. There’s got to be a reason why our players are so inept in attack. Coaching has to play a part in it.

Marriott being in form and Wilson left peg papered over the cracks of our finishing last season. 

Lawrence missed about 5 shots a game, Waghorn did very much what he's been doing this season, scuffs and whiffs. Nugent couldn't hit a barn door. 

Our finishing being so off last season is very much present in my memory because I commented on how we went from the most clinical team in the league under Rowett, creating what felt like one chance a game and scoring it; to a team that needed 10 shots to score. We are still the latter this season, except we no longer have Wilson's left peg and Marriott's started whiffing good chances too.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we change managers, change players and get absolutely nowhere. The current squad is weaker than 2 seasons ago and we don't seem capable of bringing in players that improve our squad with a couple of exceptions. I'd like to say stability is the answer but with the current lot I don't think so. I'm actually feeling quite envious of my Sheffield United relatives tonight.

Anyway, I'm out. I might stop commentating on away games until we work out how to play in them. They're boring af and I keep wishing I was doing something else ? 

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Just to put a little bit of perspective on this.

Fulham played Friday night. Mitrovic has had a long rest. We meanwhile battled hard to beat Preston and lost players to injury. We don't have the quality Fulham have.

We have two cb who no one would have picked to be our first choices, big ask on Forsyth to play to matches in quick succession.

We had two fluffed chances, chances you really should be scoring. We gave them their goals. Our attacking play lets us down. All of their goals were avoidable with basic goalkeeping and defending.

Positives - Bielik. Lowe was good going forward and Whittaker made a big difference.

On the whole I don't think we have played badly the last few away games. But individuals have had poor games. Cocu can't put the ball in the net for these players. But I think he has to drop Roos. 

To put this into perspective, I manage a football group in Prague and play twice a week, 90 minutes on a full size pitch. Yes it's completely different and the quality is not even 1/10th. 

But if we had a keeper that was doing what Roos is, he wouldn't last month. Defence has no confidence in the keeper, they drop back, always worried at any set play, they know what has happened before and it has a huge mental effect on everybody.

Player ratings:

Roos - N/A 0 would flatter him too much 

Lowe - 3 Kamara did him far too much. Passing was always off. However was good on the attack and put in a few decent balls but did also put in some shockers. 

Forsyth - 6 did ok. Decent passing and good defender 

Davies - 6 good defending. Feel bad for him as he’s not comfertable on the ball but a leader at least. 

Bogle - 4 defensively ok few bright spark runs but ultimately let down by either running into a dead end or putting in a woeful cross 

bielik - 7 had a great game I thought. Pinging passes breaking up play and running past players. Very promising 

Evans - 2 did nothing tbh. Lost the ball a bit. A few stray passes. We miss shinnie

holmes - 2 as wasteful as ever. First half particularly annoyed me as he walked everywhere and didn’t help Lowe at all. But of a night to forget for him tbh. 

Lawrence - 4 missed a golden chance early on. Worked very hard but nothing went for him today hard luck. 

Waggy - 2 first touch let’s us down all the time. Was oretty shocking tbh and cannot shoot to save his life at the moment. 

Martin - 1 did nothing all game but moan. Lots of hype but not really put in many performances recently. 

Subs: 

whitticker - 7 bright when he came on and tried to make things work looks promising  probably deserves to play more and try him with Marriott

dowell - 5 did alright to be honest seemed a little more physical which is a good sign  good pass to Lowe but game was already done by then  

marriott - 6 didn’t touch the ball but closed them down I guess?? 

Cocu - 8 he set them up the same as Preston and the players didn’t perform. Not his fault. His subs were good albeit the game was almost done by then. 

Team - 4 we honestly didn’t even play that bad. Roos just gifted them goal after goal. Every team knows he’s our weak point and puts balls on him. Some sloppily passes first half and lack of movement and lack of pressing. Second half was much better but they just sat back and defended the lead. Think our forward line needs revamping. Whitticker and Marriott to start with Lawrence the at the tip please cocu 

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Emulsion your commentary box and watch it dry for 90 mins ?

Might build myself a commentary box during the next away game.

58 minutes ago, enachops said:

Roos has been poor, but there are so many other poor performances today. We have been woeful. Chalk and cheese from saturday. 

If we hadn’t conceded two soft goals - who to blame??? - then we’d still have had a shout. 

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It really confuses me how you can go from putting in arguably your best performance of the season, to one of your worst, in the space of four days. Frustrating. 

We are a very unsettled side that have had about five different cb pairings already this season alone because we keep picking up impact injuries. Shinnie alone would have made a difference tonight because he would have pushed up on Cairney rather than play deeper like Evans did. It’s been that kind of season where not a lot seems to be going for us.

Also we’ve had a tough run of away games so far which hasn’t helped a team that’s steadily improving but can’t pick up any sort of form. We’ll be fine, but maybe after Blackburn!

I fell asleep watching that, so maybe my impression is not totally fair but......wtf? 

Unfortunately the game was lost as a result of max lowe being too casual, Roos sticking to his line, and about nine defenders being unable to stop mitrovic back heading it in from a corner. 

But the substitutions seem to be getting very random.

Raineri is in danger of losing his tinkerman title. 

Two wingers required! 

Since Huddlestone went off at Barnsley we haven't scored , lost every away game prior to this we were able to grind out a point , are we missing his leadership , he's not the fastest but experience and brain over Beilek.

Too many players going missing for a whole game Lawrence ,Waghorn unable to cross Lowe and Bogle, too many issues starting to cause concern away from home, time for a total rethink 

As bad as Roos was, Martin, Lawrence, Waghorn, were just as dire. Our squad is in need off a major overhaul, we are moving backwards, don’t matter who is in charge that isn’t going to change.

It was a poor transfer window imo, we have failed in the loan market miserably this season whereas last it was one of the reasons we reached the PL final. Love to know what Roseinor (however you spell it) is bringing to the club, I thought he was brought in to help with the shortcomings in PCs championship experience ??

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we hadn’t conceded two soft goals - who to blame??? - then we’d still have had a shout. 

Oh come on! We were horrific for the majority of the game. They absolutely tore through our midfield time and time again. We didn’t have a shot on target. We were woeful all over the park. Poor full backs, poor defending from the corner for the 2nd - not just Roos, it is poor to allow a simple header 6 yards out. We never laid a glove on them.l going forward. Quite simply we were second best in all areas. The whole team is to blame. 

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

before I read the rest of your post I was really hoping that the next two words were going to be "in goal"

Hey, he may be 4ft nothing but at least he's brave!

Hello, no! Can you imagine how many penalties he'd give away? Our lil Duane only has to go close to some of these 6 foot 2 brick shithouses and they fall over like they've been poleaxed. Free kick every time. ?

Archived