Investment Close

LB_DCFC

11 minutes ago, td_evans said:

UK companies only show a tiny part of the picture. The bulk of their fund is Hong Kong based. Indeed the company (Duet Group Holdings Limited) who own much of the share capital in Rams Investment Limited and Rams Sports Management Ltd are Hong Kong based.

Does that mean “show us the money” lol 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, td_evans said:

UK companies only show a tiny part of the picture. The bulk of their fund is Hong Kong based. Indeed the company (Duet Group Holdings Limited) who own much of the share capital in Rams Investment Limited and Rams Sports Management Ltd are Hong Kong based.

Why hey....hong kong triads? 

We might finally get those triangles on the pitch i’ve Been after. 

16 hours ago, GenBr said:

The media reports the group is a consortium. Gabay is just the frontman for the whole thing. The media also reported that they would be buying a majority stake in the club with Mel staying on as Chairman. Gabay isn't in this on his own - he has nowhere near enough money to even buy a majority stake in the club - never mind absorb our losses for months on end.

The Chinese 3WM? 

image.png.6c88faf5bbc5da5e1a330f213b85f0df.png

I've always found this notion that if we don't announce that we've got money to spend then other clubs won't know we've got money to spend rather fanciful.

It's as if people think Derby County exists in a bubble, other chariman don't ever talk to each other and nobody within a 10 mile radius of Moor Farm has access to the internet to check who this Henry Gabay bloke is.

I'm sure there are plenty of people in football far more connected and in the know about this deal than us lot on here!

558393361_tumblr_luvu4z3VEz1qamy78o3_r1_

Well if we were about to be in the money there wouldn't be any need to sell Bogle, you would add to your best players, not sell your best player (not that he has been great of late).

If we are selling Bogle I would imagine the investment isn't a huge deal, I keep saying, it probably just buys Mel more time by a) giving him some of his invested cash back and b) decreases the amount he needs to cover losses.

I'm sure it would be worth more if we ever got promoted.

On 06/12/2019 at 17:50, richinspain said:

Amongst several things Mel said at the time of his famous "Derby Way" comments was that he wanted steady progression, and as a result of that a successful Premier League club. Some of the blame has to be at Mel's door because he chose/approved the managers that followed Mac I, however many if not all of those managers have let him down. Personal ambition, possibly false promises, or just ineptness, have been the downfall of that Derby Way. Maybe Mel has given Cocu instructions to bring it back, and maybe Cocu is prepared to achieve it without looking out for his personal gain first?

The word transition has been used many times, by myself included, and there are some supporters that don't want transition but instant success at any cost. I don't know if this is really a year of transition or just slightly disappointing. What I do hope is that it is the start of the Derby Way, that the club will progress (quickly if possible, steadily if not). I also hope that any new investor is also on the same page as Mel and Cocu, and not another Paul Clement making promises of progression but really wanting instant returns on his investment.

The Derby Way has been ridiculed and used as a means of having cheap digs at the club and at Mel. I personally would love to see the return of it. I think that Mel deserves the return of it for all that has happened on and off the field since he took over. What I most hope for his sake is that any new investor sees his vision and shares it, because in the long run it will make both of them more money.

This season was supposed to be one of continued transition, but that all went out of the window with the "Will he stay or will he go", saga, followed by the "When the hell will he actually get his ass to Chelsea and let us get on with it?" saga, which left us high and dry without a chance of paddling away, let alone floating on to glory.

So this season has become a write-off, "kicking around on a piece of ground in our home town, waiting for someone or something to show us the way". Well we have got that someone, but he was brought in way too late to do much apart from get the groundwork done ready for next season. And although last night was really satisfying, it may still be a false dawn, but at least we saw what we have been asking for - the players committed to the cause, giving us everything they had. Let's build om it fready for next August!

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Did anyone hear Mel Morris on radio Derby last night? Didn’t sound like we are gonna spend much money at all. Was going on about playing the academy and how he has spent £24 million on it.

Good. Don't want to unnecessarily spend money. At the beginning of next season Whittaker, Buchanan, Sibley, Bird, Knight and Mitchell-Lawson will all be permanent features in the match day squad. We should only spend money on long term prospects like Beilik. 

23 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

This season was supposed to be one of continued transition, but that all went out of the window with the "Will he stay or will he go", saga, followed by the "When the hell will he actually get his ass to Chelsea and let us get on with it?" saga, which left us high and dry without a chance of paddling away, let alone floating on to glory.

So this season has become a write-off, "kicking around on a piece of ground in our home town, waiting for someone or something to show us the way". Well we have got that someone, but he was brought in way too late to do much apart from get the groundwork done ready for next season. And although last night was really satisfying, it may still be a false dawn, but at least we saw what we have been asking for - the players committed to the cause, giving us everything they had. Let's build om it fready for next August!

Plenty to build on for this season and hopefully some joy full  moments as a fan. Not writing anything off just yet although no doubt further turmoil will unravel during the season as is the Derby way. Certainly believe we have enough to keep away from relegation and start showing more consistency in our performances. Let's keep the faith, continue solid support for Mel, Cocu  and the team .

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well if we were about to be in the money there wouldn't be any need to sell Bogle, you would add to your best players, not sell your best player (not that he has been great of late).

If we are selling Bogle I would imagine the investment isn't a huge deal, I keep saying, it probably just buys Mel more time by a) giving him some of his invested cash back and b) decreases the amount he needs to cover losses.

I'm sure it would be worth more if we ever got promoted.

After last night with wisdoms proformance I wouldn't mind if bogle went for the right money, it helped us so much towards the end of the match having a big full back because he was winning headers when we needed them it was like having a 3rd cb 

By the right price I mean £10-15m

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Did anyone hear Mel Morris on radio Derby last night? Didn’t sound like we are gonna spend much money at all. Was going on about playing the academy and how he has spent £24 million on it.

He was proud of the academy unlike the idiot interviewing him who obviously knew  very little about it all he could say was why hasnt it produced a central defender.Any one who has actually watched an academy game would know its money well spent

Archived