Investment Close

LB_DCFC

38 minutes ago, TommyPowell said:

He was proud of the academy unlike the idiot interviewing him who obviously knew  very little about it all he could say was why hasnt it produced a central defender.Any one who has actually watched an academy game would know its money well spent

Cant argue with that, u23s are near the top of their respective league and u18s were champions last season.

ive watched a fair few games of the academy in recent years and always enjoy watching them. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, TommyPowell said:

He was proud of the academy unlike the idiot interviewing him who obviously knew  very little about it all he could say was why hasnt it produced a central defender.Any one who has actually watched an academy game would know its money well spent

I like the fact that Mel "snapped" back at Ramage, whose whole argument consisted of the kids not being good enough, us being in a relegation battle and the kids wouldn't be good enough for the future of the club.

I'm delighted Mel pulled him up and for the next 20 mins or so Ramage wouldn't and couldn't let it go. Kept mentioning it, talking about how he is big enough to give his opinions and is brave for doing so. What a hero. The self proclaimed "mouthpiece of the fans". Well he doesn't and never will speak for me. I like his passion and enthusiasm for the club and his drive for us to do well, but for me, he is missing the mark with his opinion of the value of his opinion.

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

I like the fact that Mel "snapped" back at Ramage, whose whole argument consisted of the kids not being good enough, us being in a relegation battle and the kids wouldn't be good enough for the future of the club.

I'm delighted Mel pulled him up and for the next 20 mins or so Ramage wouldn't and couldn't let it go. Kept mentioning it, talking about how he is big enough to give his opinions and is brave for doing so. What a hero. The self proclaimed "mouthpiece of the fans". Well he doesn't and never will speak for me. I like his passion and enthusiasm for the club and his drive for us to do well, but for me, he is missing the mark with his opinion of the value of his opinion.

Ramage clearly thinks he’s a lot better than he is. Verbal diarrhoea doesn’t even come close. 

He comes across as he will always be right and wouldn’t ever listen to any other opinion apart from his own

The good thing is, he certainly ate his own words last night. Although I’m sure the chubby git was still hungry. 

9 minutes ago, KBB said:

Totally agree with this. Whilst I don't think Radio Derby should just be a bland mouthpiece for the club, I do feel that they should be reconsidering their choice of match day pundit sometime soon. 

There has to be some balance to the punditry, and it would help if Ramage could offer some evidence in support of his opinions, but he does neither. 

As for his opinion on the academy players, he doesn't even know their names and obviously doesn't bother to follow their progress through the club. 

He doesn't speak for me either and if he thinks the majority of fans think like he does, he's deluded. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Totally agree with this. Whilst I don't think Radio Derby should just be a bland mouthpiece for the club, I do feel that they should be reconsidering their choice of match day pundit sometime soon. 

There has to be some balance to the punditry, and it would help if Ramage could offer some evidence in support of his opinions, but he does neither. 

As for his opinion on the academy players, he doesn't even know their names and obviously doesn't bother to follow their progress through the club. 

He doesn't speak for me either and if he thinks the majority of fans think like he does, he's deluded. 

... and commentator too.

15 hours ago, LazloW said:

... and commentator too.

There is part of me that agrees with this, but I do think Ed Dawes does a better job when he's paired with someone other than Ramage. Somehow Ramage seems to whip up the negative hysteria and Ed gets drawn in. 

On 31/12/2019 at 16:05, angieram said:

Not true mate rammage know there names and he is great to listen too.

Archived