Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm hoping for a Christmas day announcement, our new billionaire investments jump out of a huge Christmas pudding.

Knowing Mel he will do it at the same time as the queen speech for kicks.

Or just as big Steve Gibson is about to sit down and enjoy his turkey dinner. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm hoping for a Christmas day announcement, our new billionaire investments jump out of a huge Christmas pudding.

Knowing Mel he will do it at the same time as the queen speech for kicks.

I think Mel had a word with queen and it’s will be announced after she says it has been a difficult year......and Derby now have significant funding ......etc wtc

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/uS2jow88dzKZ-2PeaODv1MvKa1Y/appointments

Can someone who understands this fully care to explain. His companies look crap. Be lucky to get Mo Camara out of retirement. Or am I reading it wrong.

Profit & turnover figures for these companies is a few million. Like £5 or £6m turnover.  I gather he also has a CFO who's fronting another company or two for him, but similarly neither of those companies appears to have much cash. It doesn't look like the fella has anywhere near enough cash of his own to invest in a football club. But he does manage a 500m investment fund on behalf of his clients. So I can only imagine that some of his investors are the real money targets - unless of course Mel has simply sold them the stadium (since one of the companies has taken a charge out on PPS). Doesn't obviously look like anything to get too excited about IMHO. ? 

From one of their websites - "Gabay has decades of experience in alternative investments, hedge funds, wealth management, and private equity"

I guess we could be just another one of their 'alternative investments' where a modest investment may one day bring a healthy financial return ?? (or not!!)

17 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Profit & turnover figures for these companies is a few million. Like £5 or £6m turnover.  I gather he also has a CFO who's fronting another company or two for him, but similarly neither of those companies appears to have much cash. It doesn't look like the fella has anywhere near enough cash of his own to invest in a football club. But he does manage a 500m investment fund on behalf of his clients. So I can only imagine that some of his investors are the real money targets - unless of course Mel has simply sold them the stadium (since one of the companies has taken a charge out on PPS). Doesn't obviously look like anything to get too excited about IMHO. ? 

The media reports the group is a consortium. Gabay is just the frontman for the whole thing. The media also reported that they would be buying a majority stake in the club with Mel staying on as Chairman. Gabay isn't in this on his own - he has nowhere near enough money to even buy a majority stake in the club - never mind absorb our losses for months on end.

41 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Yeah that’s what I pretty much thought, I’m not an expert though. Interesting what you said about his investors though....

Not sure why people are getting hung up on companies house. It depends on where the investment is coming from, however Duet group last year fronted a billion pound takeover of the Merit group. They have AUM of around 1.7 billion and other investments are Dashen Brewery and AJE  Nigeria where the group have invested heavily.

12 hours ago, Josh said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/uS2jow88dzKZ-2PeaODv1MvKa1Y/appointments

Can someone who understands this fully care to explain. His companies look crap. Be lucky to get Mo Camara out of retirement. Or am I reading it wrong.

UK companies only show a tiny part of the picture. The bulk of their fund is Hong Kong based. Indeed the company (Duet Group Holdings Limited) who own much of the share capital in Rams Investment Limited and Rams Sports Management Ltd are Hong Kong based.

Archived