Investment Close

LB_DCFC

3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

That's the value of the hedge fund he runs, I'd assume.

He's a partner in that, not the owner. 

Typically he'd charge 1-2% of any initial investment, and 20% of any profit made, per year.

All will become clear soon enough is assume, but the Athletic are suggesting the investment to come can be measured in single figure millions.

Single figure millions?

Are we talking a Bradley Johnson type figure?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Single figure millions?

Are we talking a Bradley Johnson type figure?

It was £8m they quoted, I think?

Pinch of salt time though, how would they know, and why would we advertise it? 

Mel certainly didn't front up the cash for 100,% of Derby initially, so it could be a similar invest in installments deal, maybe that helps in P&S terms somehow?

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Is it established as yet whether the investment is from Gabay or the hedge fund as yet?

Good point, we'll maybe find out soon enough, I can't see the club seeing the cat come out the bag and not clarifying things sooner rather than later.

Another employee of the hedge fund has been added to the director list of the new company too, fwiw.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Good point, we'll maybe find out soon enough, I can't see the club seeing the cat come out the bag and not clarifying things sooner rather than later.

Another employee of the hedge fund has been added to the director list of the new company too, fwiw.

Would seem to point towards the hedge fund then in which case Gabay's net worth may be irrelevant, which is kind of what I'd assumed when this was first mooted. Guess we'll know soon enough.

11 hours ago, admira said:

I hope these net worth figures aren't right or the new investment won't be much:

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/906871587/MR-HENRY-ISAK-GABAY/summary

These net worth sites for people are wildly inaccurate. This guy will clearly have millions in offshore accounts too, hell maybe even his Swiss bank account. I would read nothing into that site. 

I want to know how the money will be put into the club. If it is not revenue then it does not help the FFP balance enabling players to be purchased. And we need some players!!!

One thing that I do know is that they are waiting on a final word from the EFL on the stadium issue. My colleague acting on an unrelated contract issue with DCFC in the chain and have been put on hold to 1.1.20. 

Without wanting to kick open an Brexit debate, the next 12 months seems a particularly risky time to make a major investment in anything that isn't a staple requirement for people living in the UK.  Should there be any form of downturn- eg negative equity in housing, the levels of disposable cash for leisure purchases etc could take a severe hit.

Same could be said for the vulnerability to increases in prices of fuel etc should the pound take a hit v the dollar.

Point being that it could be worse as this, the same or better... ie risky.

Archived