Investment Close

LB_DCFC

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

@redfern_ian

" 'Delayed by unforeseen issue' according to Morris on radio, although I see Companies Hse now shows that Rams Investment Ltd (Gabay's newco) has been granted mortgages (inc PPS) by Mel's asset owning companies. Looks like the "investment" isn't entirely unsecured share capital!

From what I see, Gabay is making his "investment" into DCFC via a new company called Rams Investments Ltd. The company which evidently owns PPS now (under Mel's control) & the overall holding company for Mel's DCFC activities have both given security to Rams Investment.

If Gabay was investing entirely in shares in DCFC , then that's by definition an unsecured risk. Looks like (at least) part of his investment is a loan & a secured loan at that; where he gets security over PPS. So not only does DCFC no longer own PPS, it's mortgaged too.' "

Yep, that's the text I'm referring to....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

I wouldn't - Because without understanding the details of the contracts and agreements that underpin the debenture, you can't interpret, it's just supposition and guesswork....

So a mortgage isn't a mortgage? 

9 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

What mortgage?

"...although I see Companies Hse now shows that Rams Investment Ltd (Gabay's newco) has been granted mortgages (inc PPS) by Mel's asset owning companies. Looks like the "investment" isn't entirely unsecured share capital! " This?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"...although I see Companies Hse now shows that Rams Investment Ltd (Gabay's newco) has been granted mortgages (inc PPS) by Mel's asset owning companies. Looks like the "investment" isn't entirely unsecured share capital! " This?

I don’t get it 

are we rich or not ? Lol 

make it rain money GIF

As far as I understand it, there could be many reasons why a charge could be placed against a property, not just a mortgage.

For example, I could give my son the money to buy a house, but place a charge against the property so he can't just sell it and pocket the cash, placing myself first in the queue to receive my money back if the property is sold.

In the above case, I'd be investing in the future, hoping it goes to plan, while protecting myself should the worst happen.

I'd say this is a similar scenario, on a much bigger scale.

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

As far as I understand it, there could be many reasons why a charge could be placed against a property, not just a mortgage.

For example, I could give my son the money to buy a house, but place a charge against the property so he can't just sell it and pocket the cash, placing myself first in the queue to receive my money back if the property is sold.

In the above case, I'd be investing in the future, hoping it goes to plan, while protecting myself should the worst happen.

I'd say this is a similar scenario, on a much bigger scale.

You think your son is going to sell Mel’s stadium, and pocket the cash. Jeez, kids today.

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You think your son is going to sell Mel’s stadium, and pocket the cash. Jeez, kids today.

He's spent all Xmas drinking my beer, while keeping his safely out of sight.

I wouldn't put it past him.

Archived