Investment Close

LB_DCFC

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

I see, just had a little look and can see where you're coming from. I guess it's simply a case of money over morals, or vice versa.

I doubt it would be the PSG owners anyway...

Thats Sheff United mate - wouldn't say they are big ?

True,considerably  better than us mind and a Bin Laden would be a typical mental DCFC signing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Josh said:

I wonder if discussions were being held with Henry Gabay back in the summer? 

Maybe the reason we lured Cocu to the club was because he was promised substantial funds at some time. 

Mel and Stephen Pearce frequently went to London for big meetings, according to people on here and Jim White on Talk Sport.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mel and Stephen Pearce frequently went to London for big meetings, according to people on here and Jim White on Talk Sport.

Yeah makes you wonder. It’s not going great with him at the minute, but to get a mannager with his CV coming to a championship club with ‘limited budget’, there has to be something in the pipeline. 

Appreciate things in business can happen very fast but I'm slightly concerned that we are on 20 December now with no true indication of progress here.  Unless we are looking at a New Year's announcement here, I'm not sure if we are going to have the funds to do what we need to do in January.

That being said, if Gabay is fronting someone who is linked with a large European club then I am intrigued, and would assume it is someone from abroad (not the English guy in charge at Lille).  Knowing our recent luck, it will be SIlvio Berlusconi.

58 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Appreciate things in business can happen very fast but I'm slightly concerned that we are on 20 December now with no true indication of progress here.  Unless we are looking at a New Year's announcement here, I'm not sure if we are going to have the funds to do what we need to do in January.

That being said, if Gabay is fronting someone who is linked with a large European club then I am intrigued, and would assume it is someone from abroad (not the English guy in charge at Lille).  Knowing our recent luck, it will be SIlvio Berlusconi.

Maybe the rebuild isn't targeted for January but the summer instead. Stay calm buddy.

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

48 hours mate according to Jim White and Rob Dorsett

On 19/12/2019 at 11:03, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mostly with Lampard because he only ended up living in Derby for about two months ?

2 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Even if things arent out in public i'm sure people within the club will know whats going on and timeframes. All local news still say this month. Id imagine we have 2 sets of targets for Jan based on the investment being approved so it wont have delayed anything.

3 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Would announcing new investment be good for the club, if we're targeting new signings in January. Keep it quiet until we've got our targets in, then make the announcement, otherwise clubs will demand more money from us.

I keep saying this, without knowing anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if the deal is done, the ink is dry and Cocu firmly knows just how much money he has to spend.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the announcement was very low key, with full details emerging once the January window as out the way.

I would also imagine it would make sense to not spend too much until the summer for FFP reasons.

If it is true that we are being partially taken over by someone who owns another big European club, it could be that we take some decent players from a club without paying a sausage, which would make sense seeing as our club aren't partial to handing out sausages.

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I keep saying this, without knowing anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if the deal is done, the ink is dry and Cocu firmly knows just how much money he has to spend.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the announcement was very low key, with full details emerging once the January window as out the way.

I would also imagine it would make sense to not spend too much until the summer for FFP reasons.

If it is true that we are being partially taken over by someone who owns another big European club, it could be that we take some decent players from a club without paying a sausage, which would make sense seeing as our club aren't partial to handing out sausages.

Someone on Twitter commented that Cocu looked very relaxed and happy in his pre-match interview for Reading.  Very different body language compared to the last 3-4 weeks.  For some reason? ??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Someone on Twitter commented that Cocu looked very relaxed and happy in his pre-match interview for Reading.  Very different body language compared to the last 3-4 weeks.  For some reason? ??‍♂️

He's sat on a cork

Archived