Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, GenBr said:

Almost kill captain Keogh and themselves through reckless stupidity and both only miss one game as a result..... 

I wouldn't have picked Lawrence even if he hadn' been drink driving.

Not commenting on their selection, but you cannot blame them for Keogh’s injury. Totally his responsibility.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to be honest, didn't expect to see them back this soon, for them both to be involved though says they have shown remorse, knuckled down in training and mentality in the right place to earn their places in the team.

I also suspect being an away game, reintroduce them in front of a smaller crowd and get their "debuts" out the way and any potential initial backlash before playing at Pride Park again.

Time to let the football do the talking.

Hope to see a big performance from Tom tonight, we know he has it in his locker, if there's a game to show what he can do, this is it. 

I feel uneasy with Lawrence and Bennett playing  a game before the court date. At least wait until the hearing, then make the decision. Just seems a little bizarre.

Cocus got some big balls, I’ll give him that.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not commenting on their selection, but you cannot blame them for Keogh’s injury. Totally his responsibility.

Who said they were blaming them for Keoghs injury? I said they almost killed him and themselves - they were the ones driving the cars under the influence.

Not happy with Lawrence starting and Bennett on the bench.

I would've at least left them out until the court case is resolved /progressed.

Kind of undies the good work the club did to apologise and state they condemned such behaviour. I wasn't on the throw them out club side but being out fir one gsme is hardly a penance either...

Just now, Millenniumram said:

We all had such a unity on Saturday without them, why the hell bring them back and threaten to disrupt all of that! Now there’s huge pressure on today’s match or they’ll be a massive massive backlash, and it really didn’t have to be this way.

I think that's the main thing. At the weekend, our fans knew it had been an awful week and gave the team support and backed them when they might not have. That's gone straight out the window, if it goes to poo tonight it's going to be poisonous. Stupidity.

Yikes, Cocu is playing mr hard logic.

winning team but dropped the off the boil FloJo and replaced with Lawrence. ... from a football sense it’s spot on but some heavy duty decisions made I think.

is this therapy for Lawrence - don’t kick him when he’s down, he needs support ? or is it hard faced football reasons.

i honestly would have waited until the court case but maybe i’m wrong ? , just glad it wasn’t my call 

heck .. on the pitch they are all Rams. 

Going to reserve all judgement on this selection until after I've heard the manager explain it via interview.

We don't know everything that's gone on behind the scenes. Let's give the club the chance to explain this to us first.

Hmmm in some ways, the quicker they are reintroduced then the quicker everyone gets over it? That is probably best for all involved.

Personally I’d have kept them away from the first team for a bit and let them refocus themselves but I trust Cocu and the club know best.

Archived