Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Don't agree with Lawrence/Bennett whatsoever. Even if we take the morality of putting this pair in so soon, will they really be 100% focused on the game? 

We already know Lawrence is a confidence player, can't see him being very confident knowing a significant amount of the fans wouldn't have him in a job still, never mind in the first team. 

Either way, still gotta win, support the team Cocu puts out really. First time we've seen an established Bogle and Lowe together I think? 

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

The laughable thing about this is that there isn't even a decent football based reason to play either of them. They're garbage.

I wouldn't care if it was Ronaldo and Messi. 

Kinda think if you're going to pick them today, you might as well have picked them on Saturday too. What's changed? 4 days have passed, great. 

The message this sends to me, is that when the club said the players involved "will pay a heavy price for their actions", what they meant is that they'll get a day off work, tossing it off at home, on full pay... and then it'll be back to business as usual. 

Tell me why I'm wrong please, I'd like to see it differently! 

6 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Whilst I agree on rehabilitation, I think leaving them out until the court hearing was the best for all parties. I am somewhat disappointed.

My fear is that Cocu has already undone all the hard work of Saturday unless we get a great result. And it sends out a poor message to the squad.

I personally don’t think I would have selected them until the court date. That doesn’t mean I won’t back Cocu for reintroducing them now.

Seems totally wrong in my eyes. What example does this show to the academy lads? Both Bennett and Lawrence in the squad after the week they have had? It’s embarrassing quite frankly, the position they have and the way they have let the club down as well as the fans. To be allowed back in the match day squad so soon? Not good PR and morally is very questionable. 

That said I support the team fully, I won’t boo but I also won’t pretend I’m not disappointed. I’ve been through thick and thin with Derby County and never have I ever been embarrassed by them (even through Maxwell the three amigos etc) but right now it’s embarrassing! 

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But what are we going to think of Cocu if it all goes pear shaped tonight and Lawrence is the player who lets the side down (on the pitch)

What are you going to think if it goes 0-5 to Derby shaped and Lawrence gets a hat trick. 

It’s just as hypothetical!

Disagree with Lawrence & Bennett being in the squad until they have had their court date but they are so not much we can do about it now.

One thing for sure, Lawrence will have to have the game of his life & will have to run is socks off more than ever before...be interesting to see if he has enough about him to do it.

Let's not be misguided by Saturday's result. The bench was really poor up front and despite all the stats we managed to win thanks to a penalty save and 2 all mighty defensive errors. 

Lawrence on the bench would be a better idea though and a case of only use in an emergency. 

Many have said that this is a crucial week which needs 3 good results, Cocu must be given the freedom to choose who he likes and live with it. 

Just now, ram59 said:

Let's not be misguided by Saturday's result. The bench was really poor up front and despite all the stats we managed to win thanks to a penalty save and 2 all mighty defensive errors. 

Lawrence on the bench would be a better idea though and a case of only use in an emergency. 

Many have said that this is a crucial week which needs 3 good results, Cocu must be given the freedom to choose who he likes and live with it. 

So what you're saying is that football is more important?

This is poor from Derby. What message does this send to future generations of fans. More puzzling on the basis that we won at the weekend (regardless of how we showed massive mental strength). Bennett lucky to be on the bench in any event. This could backfire massively. 

Archived