Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ken Tram said:

Only 4 teams have lost fewer games than us this season (West Brom, Swansea, For*st and Bristol)

It's not bad to be joint-5th in that statistic ...

Frustrating that of the many draws, we should’ve won plenty as well.

Despite poor performances we could and probably should be much higher than we are.

I’ve not checked it, but aside from Leeds and Swansea I think we have been ahead in all our other draws? Game management and knowing when to take the sting out has been a little lacking so far but plenty of positive signs.

Win this one and all of a sudden things look much healthier

24 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Frustrating that of the many draws, we should’ve won plenty as well.

Despite poor performances we could and probably should be much higher than we are.

I’ve not checked it, but aside from Leeds and Swansea I think we have been ahead in all our other draws? Game management and knowing when to take the sting out has been a little lacking so far but plenty of positive signs.

Win this one and all of a sudden things look much healthier

We have indeed been ahead v Cardiff and west brom. 

Stoke we were ahead but then also behind so not sure how you'd categorise that one....

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We have indeed been ahead v Cardiff and west brom. 

Stoke we were ahead but then also behind so not sure how you'd categorise that one....

Had it in my head we had played and therefore drawn more games than that.

Not quite as bad / frustrating as I thought

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Jo Flo out, someone in! Martin & Marriott up top would be the dream

Why? Florian had a decent game today. He's never going to get into form if he isn't given a run of games in the team. He deserves a proper chance, he's never had one here.

*************************ROOS***************************

*BOGLE*********DAVIES********CLARKE***********LOWE*

*************************BIELIK***************************

*****************KNIGHT*******HOLMES****************

*WAGHORN**********************************PATERSON*

************************MARTIN**************************

Hamer / Malone / Huddlestone / Shinnie / Dowell / Mitchell-Lawson / Marriott

I'd be quite happy to see three at the back with Bielik encouraged to come forward from there when possible and have a genuine front two tbh. The above is what I'd like to see if we go with the usual formation. Possibly replace Huddlestone on the bench with Sibley. 

I think I would go for the following...

Hamer

Beilek  Davies Clarke

Bogle                                                    Lowe

Huddlestone

Holmes           Knight/Shinnie

Waghorn/Mariott  Martin

Bogle in and Lowe to left back for Malone. Although I’d be happy to wait until Luton for this and give Bogle another 20/30 mins on Wed first. 

FloJo out and pretty much anyone else in. I’m not having that he had a good game today. I’d possibly say he didn’t have a bad game but I can’t think of a good thing he did...

34 minutes ago, Rampant said:

*************************ROOS***************************

*BOGLE*********DAVIES********CLARKE***********LOWE*

*************************BIELIK***************************

*****************KNIGHT*******HOLMES****************

*WAGHORN**********************************PATERSON*

************************MARTIN**************************

Hamer / Malone / Huddlestone / Shinnie / Dowell / Mitchell-Lawson / Marriott

I'd be quite happy to see three at the back with Bielik encouraged to come forward from there when possible and have a genuine front two tbh. The above is what I'd like to see if we go with the usual formation. Possibly replace Huddlestone on the bench with Sibley. 

Both centre backs are left footed, no balance and no coach likes that, and it's correct at the mo it has to be Bielik and Davis, another right sided centre back is a must in January, it's not Fifa mate, balance is very important at the centre of defence, thank god Bogle is back, it gives the full backs more balance, but Lowe did a great job out of position 

Hopefully that last result boosts our confidence and gives us momentum and belief going into this. It’s a game we should definitely be targeting winning, if we give our all we certainly have a good chance. Team for me:

Hamer

Bogle Davies Buchanan Lowe

Bielik

Holmes Paterson

Waghorn Martin Josefzoon 

Harsh on Roos after the pen save but we can’t persist with his lack of command over his box, it’s gonna cost us. Also harsh on Malone as he was ok today, but think lowe and bogle are our long term future and provide that creative spark. Would be good to See them start together (for the first time?) and start to build a partnership.

Centre back is the real tough one. Don’t think Beilik is at all suited to playing there, he looks uncomfortable and doesn’t know what to do. Can’t persist with him there, so it makes sense to play him CDM instead of the slow Huddlestone as that’s where his future is with us imo. Needs to find form there.

Who replaces him is the tough one. Clarke the obvious call, but think him and Davies would be too slow and we’d never get the ball out. Personally think we need to give Buchanan his chance. Really rate his potential and think he’ll undoubtedly be a first choice CB eventually, and hopefully with the experience of Davies next to him, he’ll be able to handle the pressure. He’s got pace and he’s left footed (I think) so think he’ll be a balanced partner for Davies. Just the question of his age really, but think we need him there as a ball player. Other left field option is bringing wisdom back there. He looked fit for the u23s the other day and he’s played there a fair amount before and is relatively decent on the ball.

Front 5 picks itself really, although you could maybe argue trying Marriott wide instead of flojo, but I’m not sure it’d work with three strikers. Hopefully we see more of the same link up play between them that we saw against brum

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Both centre backs are left footed, no balance and no coach likes that, and it's correct at the mo it has to be Bielik and Davis, another right sided centre back is a must in January, it's not Fifa mate, balance is very important at the centre of defence, thank god Bogle is back, it gives the full backs more balance, but Lowe did a great job out of position 

Curtis is right footed.

Archived