Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Barnsley season ticket holder at work suggests they will be down after Brentford smashed them at the weekend.

He has been waxing lyrical about Luke Thomas though. He should be well up for proving a point if he plays again at us.

Still fancy the Rams for another positive result in Yorkshire!

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admirable strategy to only recruit young players and no loanees but from what I’ve seen of Barnsley so far, they are naive and easily opened up whilst profligate at the other end.

They can only improve as the season develops but it won’t start tomorrow night. 

Roos; Bogle, Clarke, Davies, Lowe; Bielik, Holmes, Dowell, Knight; Waghorn, Martin.

3-0 Rams.

And I’ll be in attendance as I was last time we went there when it was also 3-0.

18 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

anybody know whether there will be tickets on the gate tomorrow? cheers

Yes mate pay on day available nearly sold 2000, so hope to have about 2200 in attendance which is not bad for a Wednesday night, I will be there, going to Sheffield first for a few beers, then on to Barnsley, took the day off work, hope it's worth it.

4 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Admirable strategy to only recruit young players and no loanees but from what I’ve seen of Barnsley so far, they are naive and easily opened up whilst profligate at the other end.

They can only improve as the season develops but it won’t start tomorrow night. 

Roos; Bogle, Clarke, Davies, Lowe; Bielik, Holmes, Dowell, Knight; Waghorn, Martin.

3-0 Rams.

And I’ll be in attendance as I was last time we went there when it was also 3-0.

Bang on about them being profligate. They are very energetic and create but do seem to go dizzy ? in front of goal. Let’s hope they don’t suddenly find their aim tomorrow night. But their opening-day victory over Fulham shows they can play.

They are weak defensively down their left so Holmes and Waggy might shine. It’ll be a close game though...depends it we push on from Saturday. An early goal for us and I can see a solid victory but a slow start and anything could happen...

2 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

anybody know whether there will be tickets on the gate tomorrow? cheers

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

Yes mate pay on day available nearly sold 2000, so hope to have about 2200 in attendance which is not bad for a Wednesday night, I will be there, going to Sheffield first for a few beers, then on to Barnsley, took the day off work, hope it's worth it.

75 tickets left at 7pm tonight. 

What I think the lineup will be:

Roos

Bogle   Bielik   Davies   Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes  Knight

Waggy   Martin   Pato

What lineup would make me a happy chappy:

Roos

Bogle   Davies   Clarke   Malone

Bielik

Holmes   Paterson   Waghorn

Marriott   Martin 

- in this case we are able to change to 3-5-2 when needed.

12 minutes ago, Squid said:

What I think the lineup will be:

Roos

Bogle   Bielik   Davies   Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes  Knight

Waggy   Martin   Pato

What lineup would make me a happy chappy:

Roos

Bogle   Davies   Clarke   Malone

Bielik

Holmes   Paterson   Waghorn

Marriott   Martin 

- in this case we are able to change to 3-5-2 when needed.

You are spot on there @Squid; I concur with both. I suspect we will face an onslaught from Barnsley for the first 20 minutes. If we can contain that then we can take the game to them. An early goal from us and I think their heads will drop; they are vulnerable down their left so hopefully Holmes can exploit that early doors. 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You are spot on there @Squid; I concur with both. I suspect we will face an onslaught from Barnsley for the first 20 minutes. If we can contain that then we can take the game to them. An early goal from us and I think their heads will drop; they are vulnerable down their left so hopefully Holmes can exploit that early doors. 

Think we will play very defensive for the first 30 minutes and then start catching them as they're getting tired.

Subs are important in this game as they are going to be knackered after 70 odd minutes so bringing on the right personnel is key to break them down.

Will be an interesting game though nonetheless

Hope Luke Thomas don't score 

The key for me tonight is to get their defence turned around and facing their own goal.  The weakness down their left was evident on Sunday but we'll need to expose the space down the side of their centre halves too.  For that reason I'm expecting a big game from Chris Martin playing clever balls to exploit these weaknesses. COYR!

19 minutes ago, Squid said:

Think we will play very defensive for the first 30 minutes and then start catching them as they're getting tired.

Subs are important in this game as they are going to be knackered after 70 odd minutes so bringing on the right personnel is key to break them down.

Will be an interesting game though nonetheless

Hope Luke Thomas don't score 

...very likely he'll put them 1-0 after 5 minutes. ?

Archived