Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jake the ram said:

Shinnie.are they taking the p--- out of him or what.sub Saturday and nowhere again tonight because Lawrence is back.Derby county a joke

You have to feel sorry for him. Can't even get ahead of Bennett and Lawrence after what they've done!

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Going to reserve all judgement on this selection until after I've heard the manager explain it via interview.

We don't know everything that's gone on behind the scenes. Let's give the club the chance to explain this to us first.

Well what we do know is:

Two of our players are undergoing a police investigation, and yet are still picked (1 in the squad and the other starting) how can that possibly be explained away?

Very surprised but we don’t know what their attitude has been like since the incident. I will always back our manager’s selection and hope others do too. 

That being said, I’d be naive to suggest that a good result isn’t crucial now. A lot of pressure is riding on this game as a result of Cocu’s decision. Let’s hope CM can lead us to victory.

If we win, then it’s a master stroke as it will have got their reintroduction out of the way.

This better be the best performance of Tom Lawrence's bloody life.

I'm somewhat torn as a huge part of me is fully in agreement with everyone else who's aghast at this decision; but a small part of me is of the mind that Cocu and his people know the individuals in question well and should be able to make a good decision on how to manage them.

I'm not sure how I'll look back at this decision in a few months time, or longer - but as of right now I'm not on board at all.

Just now, Andicis said:

Well what we do know is:

Two of our players are undergoing a police investigation, and yet are still picked (1 in the squad and the other starting) how can that possibly be explained away?

The police are undergoing their own internal process. As are the club. 

Like I said, give the chance a club to explain itself. 

Or are you going to be booing at the radio for the next 90 minutes instead?

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

The police are undergoing their own internal process. As are the club. 

Like I said, give the chance a club to explain itself. 

Or are you going to be booing at the radio for the next 90 minutes instead?

So surely, the logical decision is to leave them out until all of that is done? 

1 minute ago, Rosythram said:

I honestly do not understand how a chairman and manager can go out on a Saturday and conduct an obvious PR exercise and then destroy it 4 days later.

An absolute joke, I’m absolutely amazed and so disappointed.

Totally agree.

Also should’ve been the same squad from Saturday for me and the 2 Drunk Drivers should be sat at home in shame 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Have to be honest, didn't expect to see them back this soon, for them both to be involved though says they have shown remorse, knuckled down in training and mentality in the right place to earn their places in the team.

I also suspect being an away game, reintroduce them in front of a smaller crowd and get their "debuts" out the way and any potential initial backlash before playing at Pride Park again.

Time to let the football do the talking.

Hope to see a big performance from Tom tonight, we know he has it in his locker, if there's a game to show what he can do, this is it. 

Or that they have just gone on as normal like nothing has happened 

Really not sure about this

For one I'd wait for the court case to be over.

Secondly, we won Saturday. No need to start shaking things up madly.

Very happy to see Bogle back mind, should give us much needed balance. Will be nice to see Lowe play on his favoured left.

Archived