Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

If I was on a work night out for team building, which this was, and my boss told me transport is booked for 8, you can have a couple of beers but that’s it, I’d respect that decision and go home when asked. 

The fact players stayed out, got wasted and caused a multi vehicle RTC is a disgrace, not to mention completely undermining the club and the manager. The fact that the club captain was part of that shows what respect he has for Cocu. 

Richard Keogh should be setting the example for the other players, he should be the first one out the door and into that transport, encouraging the other players to do so. 

Clearly there is a poor culture at the club and it needs eradicating 

Have to disagree with some of what you're saying, or seem to be heavily implying, here. 

If I was on a work night out for team building, which this was, and my boss told me transport is booked for 8, you can have a couple of beers but that’s it, I’d tell him I'm a grown-ass man and will drink as much as I want thank you very much, and I'll make my own way home... safely, in a taxi. 

The fact players stayed out and got wasted is their prerogative... but the fact that it caused a multi vehicle RTC is a disgrace. 

I'd add that it's not only disrespectful to the club, the manager, their teammates, and their fans... it's actually disrespectful to any civilian in the area who could easily have been using the road and easily been killed. 

Bamfords. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh has at least one young child, not sure if he has had a second yet. What the hell was he doing.... this is so disappointing.

Can you imagine the atmosphere in the club right now - absolutely toxic. I assume they have gone into training on Wednesday - it would be awful.

I would love to know who the other idiot in the front seat of the car is? I wonder if the club are protecting someone and hoping a name doesn't get out?

4 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Have to disagree with some of what you're saying, or seem to be heavily implying, here. 

If I was on a work night out for team building, which this was, and my boss told me transport is booked for 8, you can have a couple of beers but that’s it, I’d tell him I'm a grown-ass man and will drink as much as I want thank you very much, and I'll make my own way home... safely, in a taxi. 

But you're not an elite athlete. Over consumption is likely to trash the quality of training the next day. The club is well within its right to expect you to stop at a certain point just for performance reasons, before you even get to the point of smashing a car and your legs up.

Just need the unnamed "fourth man" to be our great hope Bogle and that would just about put the tin lid on it all..........

Absolutely dreadful news and with all of the likely disruption caused to training how on earth can Cocu get the rest of them focussed on Saturday. He must be wondering what on earth he did to end up with this shower.

14 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

But you're not an elite athlete. Over consumption is likely to trash the quality of training the next day. The club is well within its right to expect you to stop at a certain point just for performance reasons, before you even get to the point of smashing a car and your legs up.

Wednesday is normally the players day off. 

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

A messy situation has just got immeasurably worse. Just as we were getting Bielik up to speed in midfield then it looks likely that we may have to revert him back to centre half. You can't condone this anyway but it's just gives the  Keogh bashers more ammunition. Richard I'm sorry to say you've been a Dick.

Thinking Team America World Police with your last sentence ?

21 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Just because Keogh is out...? We have more than enough in this squad to be top ten, dont right it off.

The 'top ten' you are referring to, would that be the same 'top ten' from my university days by any chance? Which was a shot from each of the ten bottles on the top row of the optics in the Student Union bar.

If so, I'd say your prediction is quite correct.

17 minutes ago, rynny said:

Wednesday is normally the players day off. 

Fair enough, but I maintain I don't think it's unreasonable to ask athletes to refrain from excessive boozing in the year 2019 during peak periods of the season. They're paid to physically perform, and too much booze wrecks that - and we know it.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

In my opinion, this team with Keogh finishes somewhere between 10th-12th on  roughly 65 points. This team without Keogh finishes between 20th-22nd on roughly 45 points. Let's hope I'm wrong. 

You're wrong, we have other players who will step up,that's not to say he will be missed.Could have done without this

59 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would it be over-the-top to suggest that the focus for this season should now be on staying in this league, as opposed to getting out of it?

I don’t know about anyone else, but if 21st was offered right now and we could skip to preparing for next season then I’d take it.

3 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Absolutely disgraceful, why is it always us? The club has a rotten culture to the core.

The club statement seems good to me and hopefully those involved will suffer consequences promised.

But rotten culture to the core ? OTT 

Archived