Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

On 26/09/2019 at 20:31, GenBr said:

We know exactly who was driving - its the two guys who have been charged with "driving whilst over the prescribed limit for alcohol". That is Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence - they aren't taking a trip to court because it will be a fun day out.

I meant, who was driving the car with Keogh in it.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just want to let people know, Keogh's nan passed away on Thursday. Clearly, that doesn't explain his actions on Tuesday, but he's obviously going to be in a very dark place at the minute.

Goes to show one shouldn't drink for sorrow, only to celebrate! 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

This thursday just gone or the one before the incident?

I'm not 100% sure. His wife posted on Instagram on Friday to say that she passed away on Thursday. That would suggest to me that it was the week before, but it could well have been after the driving incident. Neither explain his actions but both compound the misery that I'm sure he's feeling at the minute.

22 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Far from justifying it. It was outrageous and is totally indefensible.

However, this is 2019. There is more appreciation and understanding of the issues around mental health.

They have let a lot of people down. Keogh was seriously injured but it could have been far, far worse. Heck, somebody could have been killed.

But it doesn't mean that we should adopt an archaic "lock them up and throw away the key attitude".

They should be disciplined but they should also receive support if they need it.

Absolutely.  Punish them, educate them and rehabilitate them if they show genuine remorse.  

The degree of finality from some posters is truly disheatening.

33 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm not 100% sure. His wife posted on Instagram on Friday to say that she passed away on Thursday. That would suggest to me that it was the week before, but it could well have been after the driving incident. Neither explain his actions but both compound the misery that I'm sure he's feeling at the minute.

With Lawrence losing his Mum fairly recently as well, it's a strange coincidence. Like you say, doesn't justify anything but maybe indicates their mental states weren't good which could have affected decision making. 

I'm sure he's absolutely gutted, I wonder how Lawrence is feeling though because his individual decision making has potentially ended his teammates career, while also facing potential criminal charges for his actions. 

Just a sad state of affairs really

On 28/09/2019 at 20:03, YorkshireRam said:

With Lawrence losing his Mum fairly recently as well, it's a strange coincidence. Like you say, doesn't justify anything but maybe indicates their mental states weren't good which could have affected decision making. 

I'm sure he's absolutely gutted, I wonder how Lawrence is feeling though because his individual decision making has potentially ended his teammates career, while also facing potential criminal charges for his actions. 

Just a sad state of affairs really

Lawrence really hasn’t been playing well this season apart from Huddersfield..if he had had other things on his mind he shouldn’t of been playing and taken time off..maybe the club should off acted on this earlier on when his mum passed away.

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Arrived on a 'Barker-type fee'.

Leaves with a Barker-type injury. ?‍♂️

Being serious for a moment. Barker did 3 ligaments and was out for almost 3 years as I recall.

I very much doubt Keogh will ever play for Derby again. He may get back to fitness in Dec 2020, but even then, as Barker showed, getting back to match fitness is entirely another thing.

Keogh may never play football again.

Archived