Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

So 33 now and 34 next season, I take it that was  his last Derby appearance  v the Dirties..  And his dream of playing in the prem is finished.

Yep, sadly wouldn’t be surprised at his age we don’t see him in a Derby shirt again. What a daft way for a player with such a good injury record for us to miss a whole season!

We must have been planning for at least a long term successor for Curtis and I think this speeds up the need to bring a new decent CB into the club in January, or next summer at the latest. 

46 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I've just said the same on the main thread about this. The language the club is using (Keogh is "sidelined", apparently) makes me fear they're going to get away with it. They shouldn't play for this club again.

I don't see it that way at all.

Keough is definitely injured and out for the season.

With regard to Lawrence and Bennett, whilst it isn't looking good for them, at this moment in time they haven't been found guilty. It would be very prudent of the club to refrain from commenting on them and their future until the court cases have concluded.

I don’t know about anyone else but this has really made me feel down and has strangely affected me a lot today ...I know what they did was wrong and is not football related and drink driving is horrendous and all that I get it and agree ....but if I’m being honest feeling so low today ?it’s all about football why I feel so dejected ...I didn’t want us to lose Keogh for the season and I don’t like the fact this may well be him bowing out in such a sad way ...and with Lawrence and Bennett involved it just feels like our season is capitulating around us 

Us as fans suffer when we lose and carry it with you until the next game because we are supporters and today feels like a very bad day indeed ...Cocu has a major job on his hands now if he didn’t already ?

3 minutes ago, Saity said:

I don’t know about anyone else but this has really made me feel down and has strangely affected me a lot today ...I know what they did was wrong and is not football related and drink driving is horrendous and all that I get it and agree ....but if I’m being honest feeling so low today ?it’s all about football why I feel so dejected ...I didn’t want us to lose Keogh for the season and I don’t like the fact this may well be him bowing out in such a sad way ...and with Lawrence and Bennett involved it just feels like our season is capitulating around us 

Us as fans suffer when we lose and carry it with you until the next game because we are supporters and today feels like a very bad day indeed ...Cocu has a major job on his hands now if he didn’t already ?

Im the same im gutted.

I feel like i dont want to go Saturday right now

I know i will but its really got to me.

5 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

His own decision making has put him in this position and as much as I like the bloke, it was a stupid risk to take and he's now paying the consequences

Interesting that the statement only mentions Keogh and not Lawrence or Bennett, making an example out of him perhaps? Reiterating that the captain should know better.

Real shame because I expected better of him, in all honesty. Feel sorry for Cocu as well, surely couldn't have expected the appointed leader of the squad to behave in such a reckless way

Absolutely no excuse for any of them.How much does a bloody taxi cost???

HOW MUCH DO THEY EARN?

a bloody let down to the club, fans themselves and families.Club shouldn't have to pay them in my opinion and players should have to take out personal wage protection insurance for themselves .No doubt whilst out of duty for the club they will still be picking up far wages.Really need off and feel sorry for Mel,Cody and the rest of the squad.

11 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

I feel really deflated, I'm watching the u23 in the hope of it cheering me up

This is essentially the reason I've been watching the u23s over the years. ? 

One thing I've not seen mention of... and I concede I have next to no knowledge on this subject... but am I right in thinking that clubs of DCFC's stature usually have insurance in place, to cover player wages through a long lay-off?

I'm also thinking that Keogh's injury was caused by... and during... an illegal incident... etc... etc... 

I don't post a lot on the forum I have been a Derby fan for 51 years now and I am totally discusterd with some of the player's atiudes (drink driving) it's not as if they can't afford a taxi some people only dream of the money they are on this could ruin Derby's season if they're found guilty and Keogh's season is over probably is time at Derby to sorry to go on but I am shocked 

6 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Take the arm band off him and never allow him back into pride park. 

Yes even in todays world of letting celebrities and top sportsman get away with things that wreck most folks lives, there should be no way back for Keogh. 

There is some obvious damage to at least one post and the roadside area on the opposite side of the road to the Burley Hill junction on the A6 - ie in the direction Duffield towards Derby. Obviously the damage could have been caused by a car travelling in any direction and it may or may not be related to this thread. That said, the damage looks recent and is in the area reported by the DT.

Sky Sports reported that some players remained behind after a club meal and that some players turned down the offer of a lft home (by club cars) - reported by Sky Sports

27 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

What I don't get, is they knew transport was organised at 8, so why would they have there cars their in the first place. even if they had planned for a late one, again, why take your own transport.

It was stated by Sky Sports that a group of players stayed on and turned down the offer of the club transport

Why should there be no way back for Keogh if he recovers and proves he’s still good enough?! Just ignore the 300+ games in 7 seasons which is an incredible record.

He has made a serious error of judgement. Who is paying the price?, ultimately him. He has no chance of playing for Ireland in Euro 2020 and he might not make it back to international, and he’s lost his place in this team and the captaincy and can’t play football for a long period of time, something he takes very seriously as proven by his appearance record.

He will take flak for this and deservedly so but let’s not burn him at the stake as well (same with Lawrence and Bennett), most people deserve second chances, only the those guilty of the most heinous crimes and unrepentant don’t.

Archived