Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

His own decision making has put him in this position and as much as I like the bloke, it was a stupid risk to take and he's now paying the consequences

Interesting that the statement only mentions Keogh and not Lawrence or Bennett, making an example out of him perhaps? Reiterating that the captain should know better.

Real shame because I expected better of him, in all honesty. Feel sorry for Cocu as well, surely couldn't have expected the appointed leader of the squad to behave in such a reckless way

I presume that's because there are legal proceedings and that limits what the club can say, at least at this point?

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

What a sorry way to end a potential Derby legends career.

Absolutely disgraceful, why is it always us? The club has a rotten culture to the core.

Those involved should hang their heads in shame, including our “captain”.

Probably won’t see him in a Derby shirt again,be hard to win the fans back after this:(

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The captain got into a car to be driven by someone over the limit, thereby giving consent to a junior member of the squad to break the law.

He will never play for us again.

I suspect you are right. 

He will certainly never be Captain again. 

Doesn't he have one more year of his contract left though? Ie. To 2021?

12 minutes ago, RESS511 said:

If Cocu decides to play Bielik and Clarke at centre half who will be captain? Huddlestone? 

He'll probably play Davies, and he'll be captain.

But Martin was captain briefly in pre-season ?

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Makes me wonder who else was involved. 

Article Says Keogh was a back seat passenger. Which means at least one other person must've been a front seat passenger. 

What other dick took a ride with a drunk? 

Suspect the club won't say immediately. Everyone's fuming (rightly) and naming anyone else with those 3 effectively ends the fans' relationship with them.

Wrote this on the other thread:

I’ve always been the first to defend Keogh, but this is disgraceful behaviour from our captain. 

Staying behind to get pissed up in the week leading up to a big game? Absolutely stinks. What a poor attitude from everyone who stayed behind but particularly the captain who should be leading by example. 

Time for a clear out. Get rid of the lot of them. 

I've been a big fan of Keogh (Mr Derby County). What an utter let down.

You have to feel for the Irish in this as well. Well placed to potentially qualify for Euro 2020, 3 more important games this year and now both their starting centre-backs are out injured in a system that relies primarily upon defence. If they don't make it then there's only going to be one obvious scapegoat for it. We would all be fuming if England missed out on a tournament after someone like Kane got caught up in a situation like this.

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Makes me wonder who else was involved. 

Article Says Keogh was a back seat passenger. Which means at least one other person must've been a front seat passenger. 

What other dick took a ride with a drunk? 

I know who it was won’t say how and I’m obviously not going to say who as the post will he removed. 

Put it this way, if I told you, you wouldn’t be at all surprised. . . 

Idiots all of them 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Don't top of the range Range Rovers have about 20 airbags? For Keogh to break his wrist and severely damage his knee, that car must have been travelling. 

I expect the cops still investigating the whole thing and all will be revealed in few days time.speed must of played a part in this aswell.got no sympathy what so ever.

Archived