Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, King Kevin said:

Mel insured the players a few years ago in a change of policy as prior to this we didn't . Not sure if they would pay out in these circumstances.

Is Mel rather unlucky or what?  Perhaps he used up his share of lifetime luck and is now paying for it

So how would it be if this happened in ordinary life? Say for instance you ran a plumbing company and your main man got blind drunk got in the back of a mates car who was also drunk and then got involved in a smash that left him unable to work for 15 months? Depending on his contract I assume he would either straight away or eventually be put onto government sick pay rates whichever his contract stated. Basically I'm saying that I assume DCFC players contracts allow for such events and as such the club shouldn't be exposed? 

3 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

It's not just the drink-driving - bringing the club into disrepute and reckless/irresponsible behaviour not befitting their roles (there are more formal terms for that but I cba to find them) are just two more off the top of my head. Bennett was our rep for Drink Aware, Keough our Captain.

There's no question that they're sackable - I've employed lots of people over the years and unfortunately I know my way around HR. Also, if we do sack them and they sue us, a court would not look favourably at that given they're likely to be convicted. Keogh could be harder to deal with given the situation to be fair. He could have been sober and he could have been trying to babysit them - doubtful of course but that could be his story.

But as I say, there might be other factors we're not aware of so who knows what the club will choose to do. 

I too knew my around the law and HR, I've saved plenty of peoples jobs. If it were as simple as you state in your second paragraph I wouldn't have been able to defend as many people as I have. It is complex and it's unlikely DCFC will run the risk of losing.

All I've had in response to the evidence I provided is words, and words mean bugger all when there is case law to hand!

There are an awful lot of fairly silly comments on here it seems and I hope my comments make sense.

Keogh has a possibly career finishing injury but it was not caused by him and yes he could ultimately sue the driver / insurance company but time will tell but where does that leave DCFC who now have another long term injured player on possibly high wages - one option might be to lengthen his contract and by doing so reduce his wages much like we did with Robbie Savage although he was not injured 

the other two will likely get driving bans just like any other youngsters involved in this kind of stupid behaviour as well as club fines  and as for their football futures will remain players for DCFC until the club and manager want them sold as they are certainly assets and if anything hopefully they try to erase their embarrassment by putting in excellent performances for the club if selected to play

4 hours ago, KCG said:

I too knew my around the law and HR, I've saved plenty of peoples jobs. If it were as simple as you state in your second paragraph I wouldn't have been able to defend as many people as I have. It is complex and it's unlikely DCFC will run the risk of losing.

All I've had in response to the evidence I provided is words, and words mean bugger all when there is case law to hand!

A bit pompous buddy. No need. I’m not going to argue law on a friggin forum - just offering my 2p. 

None of us know all of the detail (i.e. the only ‘evidence’ you’ve given is some legal quote - that is not evidence) so it’s all just speculation. 

See, we can disagree without coming across all high and mighty can’t we....

Edited to add : our Mel has fired a number of managers for a number of, arguably questionable reasons. And we have absolutely no idea what is in the players contracts in terms of conduct, etc so you have as much of a clue as I do really - none. 

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don't bother reading the comments.

Thats like when someone says its impossible to lick your elbow.....i had to go read them.

Archived