Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Is there grounds to sack him for misconduct and free up his (very high) wages? 

I feel bad saying this but his injury was his own fault. 

He definitely put himself in a situation that could severely impact his career and life. This isn't an on pitch injury, he sustained this being reckless and choosing to get in the car of a driver over the limit.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Is there grounds to sack him for misconduct and free up his (very high) wages? 

I feel bad saying this but his injury was his own fault. 

No, employers have to act reasonably and according to employment law. Unless, he has a record of poor behaviour then he has to be given an opportunity to improve!

I do think there has been a lot of hypocrisy from some posters. I doubt there are very few angels here!

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

He definitely put himself in a situation that could severely impact his career and life. This isn't an on pitch injury, he sustained this being reckless and choosing to get in the car of a driver over the limit.

Only defence is if he was passed out drunk really and was just chucked in, we should wait for the rest of the facts really before we start ending contracts 

I wonder if we still do the thing where we get insurance for our players on serious injuries like this? Could make a world of difference if we have. Presume Keogh's on a bigger wage, so over a year of that covered could pave the way to actually replace him long term...

Although I suppose it could be invalid if the injury is obtained in er, the wrong ways.

I know he’s made a serious error of judgement and failed to behave like a club captain, but I’m absolutely gutted for him.  He’s a human being and he’s cocked up, but he’s got such passion for this club and now his career here is more than likely over.  I really feel for him.

39 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I thought that meant two knees, but I think it means the ACL and MCL in the same knee.

American footballers are coming back from those injuries quicker and quicker. The Rams lost Cooper Kupp to one last November and he was fully fit by the end of August.

He's 9 or 10 years younger, but even so these injuries rarely take 15 months these days.

47 minutes ago, ramjit said:

Lawrence really hasn’t been playing well this season apart from Huddersfield..if he had had other things on his mind he shouldn’t of been playing and taken time off..maybe the club should off acted on this earlier on when his mum passed away.

EVERYBODY hasn't been playing well ffs! Stop singling 1 person out!

24 minutes ago, cannable said:

Only defence is if he was passed out drunk really and was just chucked in, we should wait for the rest of the facts really before we start ending contracts 

If there was any truth in that then the others involved will be in even more serious trouble than we already think. 

18 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I wonder if we still do the thing where we get insurance for our players on serious injuries like this? Could make a world of difference if we have. Presume Keogh's on a bigger wage, so over a year of that covered could pave the way to actually replace him long term...

Although I suppose it could be invalid if the injury is obtained in er, the wrong ways.

I would have thought yes there will be exclusions. I'd be surprised if any insurer paid out on what happened last week.

29 minutes ago, KCG said:

No, employers have to act reasonably and according to employment law. Unless, he has a record of poor behaviour then he has to be given an opportunity to improve!

I do think there has been a lot of hypocrisy from some posters. I doubt there are very few angels here!

I am sure you are right. I doubt however many posters have made such a monumental duck up as this.  

We are guessing and we still don't know fully what happened, but I would think as a footballer there would be certain clauses in his contract about how he is seen to represent the club, and also to take every reasonable care to ensure his fitness levels and ability to play football.

Accidents can happen of course but this, on the face of it, does seem a very avoidable accident and caused by reckless behaviour.

If you were a chauffeur, bus driver etc I dare bet there is a clause in the contract that if you lose your licence so you can't do your job then you can be sacked, it has to be a similar case here.  

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I would have thought yes there will be exclusions. I'd be surprised if any insurer paid out on what happened last week.

I agree.

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see he contract extended for another year as a result of this in the same ways Barker's was.

i.e. Longer deal on reduced wages to give us some short term financial flexibility and Keogh the dream of playing once again.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You'd have to sack the other two, one of whom is a considerable financial asset.

it's a competency issue.  He can't fulfill a key part of his employment which is a bit different to the other 2 unless they suffer a custodial term.  It would be incredibly hard hearted but it's not my money.  The club has to do what it feels is correct

Archived