Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

Oh FFS 

This is such a sad way for Keogh to finish his career because I can’t see him returning at his age and I feel gutted because we all of a sudden look in big trouble defensively as well as having no leader on the pitch ...Cocu must be fuming ...what a sad day for our club ....making Tom captain means he’ll also play when he sometimes shouldn’t !! jeeez what a mess ...embarrassing really ?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If I was on a work night out for team building, which this was, and my boss told me transport is booked for 8, you can have a couple of beers but that’s it, I’d respect that decision and go home when asked. 

The fact players stayed out, got wasted and caused a multi vehicle RTC is a disgrace, not to mention completely undermining the club and the manager. The fact that the club captain was part of that shows what respect he has for Cocu. 

Richard Keogh should be setting the example for the other players, he should be the first one out the door and into that transport, encouraging the other players to do so. 

Clearly there is a poor culture at the club and it needs eradicating 

You don’t know whether this was the case though, transport was booked, doesn’t necessarily mean leaving then was compulsory 

9 minutes ago, cannable said:

You don’t know whether this was the case though, transport was booked, doesn’t necessarily mean leaving then was compulsory 

But reading the club statement It sounds like they were not supposed to stay out drinking 

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Yeah, i have no issue with them staying out later than the official end time. I do that a lot with my work mates because we are genuinely friends. If that's the case at Derby, great. But the irresponsibility of getting hammered and driving home is shocking!

3 minutes ago, MK said:

Yeah, i have no issue with them staying out later than the official end time. I do that a lot with my work mates because we are genuinely friends. If that's the case at Derby, great. But the irresponsibility of getting hammered and driving home is shocking!

Yeah, that’s fair. People are merging the issues though. Part of a captains job is usually to arrange nights out. The criticism warranted is for getting in the car, the rest of a pop for a pop’s sake.

6 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

There is now an opportunity for others to step up and take RK place. Maybe we will stumble across a gem within our ranks as Cocus arm has been forced. 

Every cloud ??‍♂️

Personally think this could be Evans when he gets back fit, impressed at CB in preseason

Archived