Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, unforgivably stupid. If I was on anything near their money and fancied a good few beers I’d take a taxi. In fact I’m not on anywhere near their salary and have had nights out when I’ve spent as much on a taxi home as the rest of the night cost in total. 

Just as Keogh was winning me over he does this. Idiot. I agree with previous comments that this could cost us hugely. Wayne must be thumbing through the small print frantically. 

11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’m going to make a bold statement and say we probably aren’t going to be making the play-offs again this year.

I fear you're right but the happy-clapper within me hopes it creates a siege mentality amongst the squad and it galvanises them. Ok I'm talking baalocks but without a bit of hope what else have we got. 

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I fear you're right but the happy-clapper within me hopes it creates a siege mentality amongst the squad and it galvanises them. Ok I'm talking baalocks but without a bit of hope what else have we got. 

We could rally around it but still with the players missing through this incident, our squad is very bare now.

7 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Gutted, I hope it's not as bad as it sounds for Keogh.

Hudds to centre back? he's played there before, and would play it out from the back nicely. He might have a problem with quick stikers and balls over the top but I'm sure the other defenders would help out.

It will be Bielik who gets moved back to defence based on what we've seen so far this season. If that means we start only playing one defensive mid sign me up. I wouldn't have Huddlestone in defence for the same reason I wouldn't have Davies partnering Clarke - they would be much too slow. I would happily see Bielik and Davies together though.

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Personally think this could be Evans when he gets back fit, impressed at CB in preseason

What about Wisdom? 

I don't rate him as a full back, but he played rt cb for wba in the Premier league. They did get relegated though. 

5 minutes ago, ram59 said:

What about Wisdom? 

I don't rate him as a full back, but he played rt cb for wba in the Premier league. They did get relegated though. 

Started out has CB played there and captained the U21 side at international level.Also played there for Salzburg when they won the Austrian league and cup.

Season over for Keogh or career?   What is he, 33 now and a serious knee injury ☹️

I've always liked Keogh personally, gave his all despite limitations - it will be a sad way to end his long (Derby) career if he doesn't make it back.  A bad week has just got significantly worse.

53 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’m going to make a bold statement and say we probably aren’t going to be making the play-offs again this year.

Would it be over-the-top to suggest that the focus for this season should now be on staying in this league, as opposed to getting out of it?

Archived