Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He's our most important player for a number of reasons - 1) he's the only one you can guarantee that will turn up 9 times out of 10. 2) we literally base our entire gameplan on his ability to play out from the back. 3) we don't have any cover again. 4) you could guarantee that he would be fit for a Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday. 

The impact on this side with and without Keogh is about 10 league places and 20 odd points. 

Yeah. 10 places higher and 20 more points.

—-

Come at me with your negative emojis.

10 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I know who it was won’t say how and I’m obviously not going to say who as the post will he removed. 

Put it this way, if I told you, you wouldn’t be at all surprised. . . 

Idiots all of them 

Oh God it was Rooney

17 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That’s far too assertive for such a speculative statement.

In my opinion, this team with Keogh finishes somewhere between 10th-12th on  roughly 65 points. This team without Keogh finishes between 20th-22nd on roughly 45 points. Let's hope I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Think folk are being sanctimonious about getting drunk the night before their day off. 

The rest of the criticism, fair enough.

If I was on a work night out for team building, which this was, and my boss told me transport is booked for 8, you can have a couple of beers but that’s it, I’d respect that decision and go home when asked. 

The fact players stayed out, got wasted and caused a multi vehicle RTC is a disgrace, not to mention completely undermining the club and the manager. The fact that the club captain was part of that shows what respect he has for Cocu. 

Richard Keogh should be setting the example for the other players, he should be the first one out the door and into that transport, encouraging the other players to do so. 

Clearly there is a poor culture at the club and it needs eradicating 

Just now, Ambitious said:

In my opinion, this team with Keogh finishes somewhere between 10th-12th on  roughly 65 points. This team without Keogh finishes between 20th-22nd on roughly 45 points. Let's hope I'm wrong. 

I think it really depends on how Clarke and Bielik settle in together, and whether Wisdom and Davies get fit enough to take the pressure off over those Tuesday/Saturday runs. No reason Bielik can't play the ball out as well as Keogh in the medium term.

2 minutes ago, rsmini said:

That’s a powerful statement from the club. It was an organised evening by the club and ended at 8pm. With club cars available to take players and staff home 

Statement with disappointment and anger. For valid reason.

Daily Telegraph says Keogh suffered an ACL injury. 

The fact the others players left at 8pm and the crash occurred just before midnight suggests the drivers could've been way over the limit.   Might result in a bit more than a fine and a driving ban I'd imagine.

Shocked and disappointed by this news.  That's 3 so called professionals, plus probably at least another one player sitting in the front involved.  I'm almost waiting to hear news of another injury.  

So where does that leave us.  No Keogh for the rest of the season, plus possibly no Bennett or Lawrence.  Keogh obviously the biggest impact and sadly very possibly the end of his career. Centre back becomes a January priority.

However, as an optimist at heart I am now focusing on looking for positives.  A great opportunity for Clarke to step up to the plate. Davis likely to come back in altho a possible opportunity for youth to step up?  It may mean a slight change to how frequently we play out from the back which will likely please many!

Just now, admira said:

Maybe it was sabotage to strip Keogh of the captaincy. If it was, that lamppost was the most accuracy Lawrence has struck with since Huddersfield away. 

If that was the intent, knocking him out for the season would be overdoing it somewhat ? 

happy birthday film GIF

Archived