Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I fear you're right but the happy-clapper within me hopes it creates a siege mentality amongst the squad and it galvanises them. Ok I'm talking baalocks but without a bit of hope what else have we got. 

Hear! Hear! We need to turn this around quickly and not dwell on anger. The Club needs proper leadership now and immediate task is 3 points on Saturday. If we focus on the anger and stupidity of what happened we’ll sink on the pitch on Saturday and the crisis will take a grip. Forward focus now and move on...quickly. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Keogh has at least one young child, not sure if he has had a second yet. What the hell was he doing.... this is so disappointing.

Can you imagine the atmosphere in the club right now - absolutely toxic. I assume they have gone into training on Wednesday - it would be awful.

No, Wed is their day off. Which is why the event was on a Tues night. 

Don’t like the way the statement on Huddlestone still refers to Keogh as “skipper”. Shouldn’t ever have the honour of his name associated with that again after what he’s done. Club needs to be strong here. Should be a statement saying it’s been taken from him because of his actions and Huddlestone has the mantle permanently.

15 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I hope to see a press conference/video apology with Bennett, Keogh and Lawrence. A proper grilling from journalists, really highlighting how idiotic their actions were. Still feel like they have got off lightly. 

How do you know they got off lightly? Have Bennett and Lawrence been found guilty and had their punishment confirmed already?

I doubt very much there'll be the press conference you're hoping for but, once they've had their cases heard then, assuming their guilty, a written statement from the duo would be the right thing but we probably won't even receive that.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

How do you know they got off lightly? Have Bennett and Lawrence been found guilty and had their punishment confirmed already?

I doubt very much there'll be the press conference you're hoping for but, once they've had their cases heard then, assuming their guilty, a written statement from the duo would be the right thing but we probably won't even receive that.

In all honesty i think the fact that they haven't been immediately sacked means they have gotten off somewhat lightly. 

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

In all honesty i think the fact that they haven't been immediately sacked means they have gotten off somewhat lightly. 

They've not been found guilty yet - the club will wait for the courts to pass judgement before taking action....

Such a shame Bennett and Lawrence we could have lived without neither were prolific but to lose keogh for the season is a tragedy. Hope Mitchell Lawson is given a chance to fill one of the wing voids those idiots have lost. As for centre back it's a good job we have Bielik and Davies both more than capable plus Wisdom still to return.

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Whilst it's looking pretty certain that they were over limit (the police wouldn't have charged them unless they'd failed a breath test), you can't really do anything until they've been found guilty.

They ducked up and will no doubt pay the consequences.  Don't really understand why people feel so personally aggrieved by it though.  Can hardly make the team play any worse.  Season is already a write-off in my opinion.  Do feel sorry for Cocu though. Probably a million miles away from what he expected. 

So disappointed in the players especially Keogh.

so much so I have had to remove him as my profile picture and my fifa character on pro clubs ?

Seriously though everyone associated with the club loses here. I just hope we can still compete without him especially with this favourable run of fixtures.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t like the way the statement on Huddlestone still refers to Keogh as “skipper”. Shouldn’t ever have the honour of his name associated with that again after what he’s done. Club needs to be strong here. Should be a statement saying it’s been taken from him because of his actions and Huddlestone has the mantle permanently.

I've just said the same on the main thread about this. The language the club is using (Keogh is "sidelined", apparently) makes me fear they're going to get away with it. They shouldn't play for this club again.

Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

I've just said the same on the main thread about this. The language the club is using (Keogh is "sidelined", apparently) makes me fear they're going to get away with it. They shouldn't play for this club again.

Indeed I fear the same. We don’t know for sure until everything’s been sorted, but think the club is being too lenient about this and the squad in general. It’s no wonder we’re struggling if players are allowed out on the piss in the first place, yet alone if we let them back into the squad after drink driving. The two drink drivers should be fired, and anyone else in the cars should be fined (stripped if captinacy), suspended and probably eventually sold.

Really honestly trying to see any light from this dark story. 

First thing was seeing Lawrence and Bennett were drink driving. Morally wrong, but forgivable if they made amends. Doesn't feel too bad. 

Then it turns out how fast they were going and the seriousness of the crash, not only are they Bamfords but they could potentially be jailed Bamfords. Now disappointment is turning to anger at them. 

And then the Keogh injury. That's physically sickening. The fact that he was liked by so many fans, not for his ability but the leader he was. Time after time he has been referenced as a the absolute best captain, looks after the players and encourages the youngsters. Even as a full grown bloke I looked up to the guy. 

By all accounts he would have been considered a legend at the club, seeing us through various stages and styles. Heart on his sleeve etc. 

Not only has he ruined his own legacy, but he may have broken the mind of many youngsters at the club. If we collapse now, we'll be known for this crash and the legacy of the club goes with it. He might be disappointed at the injury, but he'll be far more disappointed at such a likely bitter end to his career. 

Archived