Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's our most important player for a number of reasons - 1) he's the only one you can guarantee that will turn up 9 times out of 10. 2) we literally base our entire gameplan on his ability to play out from the back. 3) we don't have any cover again. 4) you could guarantee that he would be fit for a Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday. 

The impact on this side with and without Keogh is about 10 league places and 20 odd points. 

His own decision making has put him in this position and as much as I like the bloke, it was a stupid risk to take and he's now paying the consequences

Interesting that the statement only mentions Keogh and not Lawrence or Bennett, making an example out of him perhaps? Reiterating that the captain should know better.

Real shame because I expected better of him, in all honesty. Feel sorry for Cocu as well, surely couldn't have expected the appointed leader of the squad to behave in such a reckless way

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

He's our most important player for a number of reasons - 1) he's the only one you can guarantee that will turn up 9 times out of 10. 2) we literally base our entire gameplan on his ability to play out from the back. 3) we don't have any cover again. 4) you could guarantee that he would be fit for a Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday. 

The impact on this side with and without Keogh is about 10 league places and 20 odd points. 

Wouldn't go that far, but he will obviously be badly missed. A few more injuries now and we will be in a relegation battle.

2 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

I suspect he will never play for us again

My feeling also. He’s 33 at the moment so it will be a lot harder for him to recover- who knows how serious his knee injury really is, all we know currently is that he’s definitely out for the rest of this season. He should be fortunate he will have the ability to walk after recovery let alone play football again

Archived