Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

"Lawrence and Bennett also face the possibility of a separate legal action from Keogh, who has been ruled out for at least 15 months with an ACL injury and may never play again at a professional level.

The 33-year-old's anger has been compounded by the fact that he was left unconscious by his team-mates at the scene of the crash, where he was found by paramedics. "

Well that's new. Not necessarily true but it's new, innit?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

"Lawrence and Bennett also face the possibility of a separate legal action from Keogh, who has been ruled out for at least 15 months with an ACL injury and may never play again at a professional level.

The 33-year-old's anger has been compounded by the fact that he was left unconscious by his team-mates at the scene of the crash, where he was found by paramedics. "

Daily Mail put it in their reporting of it which was based on the fake audio recording. So probably still not true! Good old international break news cycle!

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

There being a possible case for damages from Keogh's point of view (which I sure most of us on here could've speculated up ourselves) isn't the same as Keogh is getting ready to launch a suit against them. Just don't let him near Middlesbrough's hospitality lounge.

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Fairly certain I saw a news article saying that wasn't true, released by the ambulance service or something. Can't remember where though.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

"face the possibility" is the key phrase there.

Keogh could start legal action. Doesn't mean he's thought about it. Just means the journalist has...

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

"face the possibility" is the key phrase there.

Keogh could start legal action. Doesn't mean he's thought about it. Just means the journalist has...

Either way, if Keogh for some reason did start legal action, what would the verdict be?

He got into a car knowing full well the driver is over the limit??

32 minutes ago, Squid said:

Either way, if Keogh for some reason did start legal action, what would the verdict be?

He got into a car knowing full well the driver is over the limit??

Hypothetical here... we don't know how drunk Tom Lawrence was. We have video evidence of Mason Bennett on the other hand.

For example:
Tom has two pints, Richard Keogh has no reason to believe he isn't sober and safe enough to drive. They drive home, Mason Bennett plows into him causing him to skid across the wet road and hit the lamppost.

I believe all RTCs require a breathalyzer test to be conducted, therefore he may have been slightly over the limit compared to Bennett's which you would imagine is a lot higher based on the videos.

Therefore would Keogh have a basis to start legal proceedings if he believed Lawrence to be under the limit?

3 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Hypothetical here... we don't know how drunk Tom Lawrence was. We have video evidence of Mason Bennett on the other hand.

For example:
Tom has two pints, Richard Keogh has no reason to believe he isn't sober and safe enough to drive. They drive home, Mason Bennett plows into him causing him to skid across the wet road and hit the lamppost.

I believe all RTCs require a breathalyzer test to be conducted, therefore he may have been slightly over the limit compared to Bennett's which you would imagine is a lot higher based on the videos.

Therefore would Keogh have a basis to start legal proceedings if he believed Lawrence to be under the limit?

Didnt Lawrence hit Bennett's car ?

5 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

For example:

Any accident in which you are involved and not to blame is the basis for a claim especially if injured.....it would go through the insurance company in any case.

If we are going hypothetical, it actually goes against the grain to say this...BUT ..if I was on a big work's do, and I had a few too many to drink, and a colleague said they would give me a lift home....

I don't necessarily think I would know or question how much they had had to drink and I definitely wouldn't feel responsible for that. I would just assume they were capable of driving. 

If they then smashed into a lamppost and put me off work for a year and seriously injured me.... would I think it totally crazy that they were kinda responsible and I deserved some compensation?

Know people may jump all over this..and I realise the potential differences and I am not feeling any sympathy for Keogh....I just surprised myself by seeing how things could look from his angle (or his legal representation's).

21 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It would be a weird situation where a youth teamer calls shotgun on the passenger seat, leaving the captain to sit on whatever equipment Tom had in the back of the car without a seatbelt!

Just doesn't add up.

It’s probably typical Keogh,went to get in the front but fell over and somehow ended up in the back not fastened in.

Does anyone know how he is?

Archived