Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

I was right behind it in the West Stand. 

You don’t hit crosses with that much height pace and swerve 

Was 100% a cross. He is a hit and hope type player. sometimes they fly into the top corner....most of time they fly into the stand. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

Was 100% a cross. He is a hit and hope type player. sometimes they fly into the top corner....most of time they fly into the stand. 

hit and hope is not 100% cross though.  It's  a percentage ball too low it might be a cross; too high and it is neither; just right it goes in.

He was looking to smash it in all day.  He mullered into the box with anger, frustration and pure fkn ‘have that!’ Like anyone that’s played football knows. It was one of those where his head had gone and he just put everything into it. 

He is an enigma but his technique is superb. He don’t know if he meant it or not but anyone that’s got any footballing ability gets that whole ‘I’m wanging this in like a mofo’.  It don’t matter what he meant - it worked. And his celebration was about right. He’s annoying at times but he has ability. He needs to grow up and few of us was any different at that age if you think about it. 

15 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

He was looking to smash it in all day.  He mullered into the box with anger, frustration and pure fkn ‘have that!’ Like anyone that’s played football knows. It was one of those where his head had gone and he just put everything into it. 

He is an enigma but his technique is superb. He don’t know if he meant it or not but anyone that’s got any footballing ability gets that whole ‘I’m wanging this in like a mofo’.  It don’t matter what he meant - it worked. And his celebration was about right. He’s annoying at times but he has ability. He needs to grow up and few of us was any different at that age if you think about it. 

Technique superb? I think I know what you mean but I wouldn't call it superb.

His set pieces are bl00dy awful. He runs at players (which is slightly better than not running at players) but often goes into dead ends.

He's a far better player than Flojo, but he doesn't deliver enough. Ultimately his goal against Luton is what goes against him but it should be recognised in my eyes as another poor cross.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Technique superb? I think I know what you mean but I wouldn't call it superb.

His set pieces are bl00dy awful. He runs at players (which is slightly better than not running at players) but often goes into dead ends.

He's a far better player than Flojo, but he doesn't deliver enough. Ultimately his goal against Luton is what goes against him but it should be recognised in my eyes as another poor cross.

Yeah, when I saw it I thought the keeper catches that 99 out 100, and everybody moans its a waste of a cross.

anyone know the % of crosses that produce an effort on goal BTW? I bet its not actually that high.

I hope he didn't shoot from there. 

He's fecking greedy enough. If he's got to the stage where he's shooting from there then he's going to have a terrible season. That's greed mastery level. 

The ball didn't sit too nicely for him and it wasn't easy to get quick well placed cross in. He fired it across as best he could

But yeah, if players are shooting from there then Martin and Marriott are in for a looooonnng season

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I hope he didn't shoot from there. 

He's fecking greedy enough. If he's got to the stage where he's shooting from there then he's going to have a terrible season. That's greed mastery level. 

The ball didn't sit too nicely for him and it wasn't easy to get quick well placed cross in. He fired it across as best he could

But yeah, if players are shooting from there then Martin and Marriott are in for a looooonnng season

Did anybody else have a shot against Luton 

58 minutes ago, superzak said:

and what else could he have done with that ball that was heading for a goal kick. I thought he did well to even get it across from there at that pace.

He did. He definitely did well. It just wasn't meant to be a shot. 

It was awkward.

Archived