Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by David

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even I didn’t really get those booing Lawrence’s goal today.... it was a minority, but it’s still a Derby goal! Maybe don’t cheer who scored it, but cheer the bloody goal ffs! It’s the team it’s for that matters, not who scored it.

Personally, I did exactly what I said I was gonna do today. Booed his name at the team announcing as I don’t think he should be in it, then shut up for the rest of the game. The other 10 on the pitch don’t deserve to have playing their game made more difficult by boos from the crowd mid game, no matter how much the other one may deserve it.

Agreed totally on the celebration 

Saturday I spontaneously decided to take my 5YO daughter to her first ever football game. We ran late, made it to our seats in about the 14th minute. We were in the stand directly behind the corner where he scored from. 

The celebration was exactly how it needed to be, and I have to say, I didn't hear a boo. EVERYONE around me was cheering, and he looked (to my eyes) overwhelmed with emotion, but in a good way. 

1 hour ago, erathirea said:

Agreed totally on the celebration 

Saturday I spontaneously decided to take my 5YO daughter to her first ever football game. We ran late, made it to our seats in about the 14th minute. We were in the stand directly behind the corner where he scored from. 

The celebration was exactly how it needed to be, and I have to say, I didn't hear a boo. EVERYONE around me was cheering, and he looked (to my eyes) overwhelmed with emotion, but in a good way. 

It should’ve been a huge amount of embarrassment based on the fact that it was a dreadful cross that went in - but he should take it and move on 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If it helps I was very close to it and it was most definitely not meant so I take the good fortune and move on 

I was right behind it in the West Stand. 

You don’t hit crosses with that much height pace and swerve 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I was behind it in the east stand and it was not aimed at the goal - again it was fortunate 

Totally disagree 

Lack of celebration was not because of the fact he didn’t mean it .

His celebration was muted and we all know that was because he wanted to be respectful . 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Totally disagree 

Lack of celebration was not because of the fact he didn’t mean it .

His celebration was muted and we all know that was because he wanted to be respectful . 

We agree to differ then - I hope you don’t want him to be shooting from the touch line in every game as it is generally giving the ball away 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We agree to differ then - I hope you don’t want him to be shooting from the touch line in every game as it is generally giving the ball away 

Noticed Lawrence was the only one shooting for goal on Saturday .

Martin anf Jozy on Saturday very poor for me. 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe you prefer Jozy crossing 

Lawrence goal was fantastic I maintain 

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I was right behind it in the West Stand. 

You don’t hit crosses with that much height pace and swerve 

Behind what in the West stand? He hit it from the East stand and it went in nearest the North stand - Are you saying you were in line with it in the West stand?

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Noticed Lawrence was the only one shooting for goal on Saturday .

Martin anf Jozy on Saturday very poor for me. 

Three games in a week after so long out Martin looked a bit shattered - Still loved how petulant he was when taken off though - Guys just wants to be on the pitch scoring goals - He didn't get a huge amount of decent service on Saturday

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Behind what in the West stand? He hit it from the East stand and it went in nearest the North stand - Are you saying you were in line with it in the West stand?

Three games in a week after so long out Martin looked a bit shattered - Still loved how petulant he was when taken off though - Guys just wants to be on the pitch scoring goals - He didn't get a huge amount of decent service on Saturday

I have been touting for Martin and really rate the guy  

Just looked a game too far Saturday.

He is still fighting back and its great to see  

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I have been touting for Martin and really rate the guy  

Just looked a game too far Saturday.

He is still fighting back and its great to see  

Oh yeh, wasn't suggesting you weren't ? Just think there were some caveats to add - Think Paterson played well first half and drifted out second (shattered?) - Josefzoon looked pretty pants from start to finish - Think someone needs to work out what his strengths are and get him to play to them cos at the moment he seems to be trying to play like Lawrence and Waggers (pick up ball, bring inside, try to play through middle and get in on goal) and he's really bad at it

19 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I was in line with it in the West Stand yes .

He hit from right to left and I was right opposite in the West Stand. 

Great strike and great goal. 

Archived