Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by David

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, superzak said:

and what else could he have done with that ball that was heading for a goal kick. I thought he did well to even get it across from there at that pace.

If you thought that was heading for a goal kick....well then blame him for a crap first touch. However, he was 10 yards away from the bye line. I can see what he was trying to do - on the half volley, whip it in quickly - don't have an issue that he tried it - but it was a poor cross. The 'safe' play was to take one more touch to settle it down, then cross the ball.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If you thought that was heading for a goal kick....well then blame him for a crap first touch. However, he was 10 yards away from the bye line. I can see what he was trying to do - on the half volley, whip it in quickly - don't have an issue that he tried it - but it was a poor cross. The 'safe' play was to take one more touch to settle it down, then cross the ball.

You are so predictable.  Safe play what you on about. 

Lets not even try anything but safe play.  

Where would that get us. 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I hope he didn't shoot from there. 

He's fecking greedy enough. If he's got to the stage where he's shooting from there then he's going to have a terrible season. That's greed mastery level. 

The ball didn't sit too nicely for him and it wasn't easy to get quick well placed cross in. He fired it across as best he could

But yeah, if players are shooting from there then Martin and Marriott are in for a looooonnng season

Like others have said, it looks like he just tried to hit it as hard as he could and see what happens. 

Don't think it was a cross, he wasn't aiming for anyone, but neither was it a shot. He was being closed down and probably thought if he hit it hard enough we might can a corner or lucky deflection. 

Scored a similar one like it in my playing days, admittedly mine was a bit better as the goal keeper had no chance ?

It wasn’t a cross and it also wasn’t a shot, I was just getting the ball into the danger area to see what happened. No surprise though to see some posts having a go at his general play even though he has just scored a goal, seems the lad will never be able to do any right by some.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I think it is really sad when someone’s hatred towards another blinds them to anything positive about them.  If we had more crossing attempts similar to that one we’d have more goals

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

You are so predictable.  Safe play what you on about. 

Lets not even try anything but safe play.  

Where would that get us. 

Read my post again Curtains as you had judged the post too quickly. I stated what the safe play was, I didn't state he should have done the safe play.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I think it is really sad when someone’s hatred towards another blinds them to anything positive about them.  If we had more crossing attempts similar to that one we’d have more goals

I didn't say not to try it!!!! Let's make it clear - As a team we should be looking to put a first time ball into the box a hell of a lot more. Bogle has improved this but extra touches just allow the defensive unit to get themselves set.

Waghorns goal from Bogles cross against West Brom, end of last season is what we should be aiming for on a more regular basis.

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

What a load of rubbish. No complex thought process, he wasn’t “whipping it in on the half volley” using his on board computer to predict a landing spot where another team mate might take advantage. Ha ha ha ... no way 

He was an attacking player, under extreme pressure with a tiny window to hit the ball in to a productive location. Cross ? Shot ? Doesn’t matter not even in the mix as a choice

baaaaalocks .. hit it as close to “dangerous” as I can. Yep and that includes the goal simply by virtue of “where I am”

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Jozefzoon came close...

... to making contact with the ball!

My favourite part was where Roos kicked it long and rather than flicking the ball on he ducked! He looked terrified of heading it...

For anyone suggesting that this incident is emblematic of modern football and that it didn't happen in the 70s and 80s, go to circa 17 mins of this interview:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/06/ramstv-meetsshane-nicholson-part-1

You can also listen to interviews with players such as Ray Parlour, Graham Stack, etc on podcasts, Soccer AM and the like.

It doesn't excuse their behaviour, but it should put to bed any notion that it wouldn't have happened back in the day. In fact, it was likely far worse.

Yeah I think if that report is to be believed we all know who that is. Shows even more how irresponsible the players were as well, not defending the young lad at all as he should still know better, but not exactly setting a shining example to the young lads either is it? Definitely need words with them about that particular connotation of this incident as well. A young lad being able to get involved without a senior player stopping them in all this mess really doesn’t reflect well on the culture we’re trying to build from academy up.

Archived