Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

If you re-read my post you will see that I did say that drinking and jumping straight into a car was stupid.

No need to read it again... I noticed that the first time I read it... and I'd agree with you too. 
Not sure what your point is?

2 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

How many were there in the cars and how many are injured?

Residests in allestree report hearing someone shout "SCATTER!" shortly after the crash; followed by at least 20 people running away.

[Fabrication - In no way to be taken seriously] ?‍⚖️

1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Hope Martin wasn’t surfing on the roof with Jack Marriott on his shoulders.

Martin was tied to the roof rack; couldn't put the seats down so they couldn't get furniture of that size into the vehicle.

This whole episode is so damaging. We need a win badly on Saturday and coming off last week's result (NOT performance) it was an opportunity to get the season going.

Now we have 2 idiots who demonstrate an overwhelming arrogance and lack of intelligence who have brought negative headlines to the club, and a captain who has injured himself in a situation he should have had a lead role in actively preventing.

I'm really annoyed with how this has come about. All of the work that went into reconnecting players/club/fans is gone now, and Saturday is once again a massively pressurised game with the potential for a toxic atmosphere.

Cocu has a massive job on to get this season going with some optimism and this has just made it even harder.

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Not entirely sure why you keep using a drink driving case as an excuse to enforce footballing decisions… 

Didn’t you hear?! Curtis was egging them on all afternoon to have “just have one more!” so they could crash and get done for drink driving and he could get back in the starting line up. 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Residests in allestree report hearing someone shout "SCATTER!" shortly after the crash; followed by at least 20 people running away.

[Fabrication - In no way to be taken seriously] ?‍⚖️

Tom Huddlestone was picked up half an hour later, some 15 yards from the incident.

I think we need to know a few more facts before having our kangaroo court. 

We don't as yet know the circumstances relating to the accident. We don't as yet know the level of alcohol in their blood. 

Many people drive unwittingly whilst over the limit and whilst not appearing to be drunk. 

A friend of mine had a few drinks at lunchtime and was unfortunately involved in a fatal accident early evening. It was a few years ago and he provided a positive breath test and was arrested for causing death by drink drive. There was a lynch mob at the police station waiting for him. The results of his blood test were just below the limit and all the witnesses proved that he was totally not to blame for the accident. He didn't appear to be intoxicated in any way at the time, but if the accident had happened half an hour earlier, he would have been locked up. 

I'm not condoning drink driving in any way, but we can all make errors of judgement. It may well end up proving that they're just a bunch of piss heads, but we don't know that yet. 

Was amazed to see all these posts about Keogh hadn't been deleted then look online.

It is not likely he will be charged as I am sure the rules are to be charged with aiding and abetting then you have to be in the front seat. 

The question is was he with them wherever they were. He has to genuinely have been unaware of the alcohol involved to go unpunished himself.

It does make it worse for the driver of the car he was in as there is now an injured party involved the punishment will be more serious.

Who else was involved? Why was Keogh in the back? If other players or staff where in the front passenger seats they could be in trouble too.

What a nightmare.

Pretty Pissed off with them all.

Oh gosh, just what we needed! ?

So far what we know is that they were on a 'club sanctioned' night out, they were 'drunk' (for that I'm reading 'over the limit'), they crashed and they were arrested and charged, and we know that Keogh was in Lawrence's car and is quite badly injured as a result.

We know they have been extremely irresponsible to drive after drinking and that things could have ended up much, much worse than it seems they have, even now we know of Keogh's injuries.

That said, we don't know anything else at this point and I'd rather wait for all the facts before I judge anything other than the above as there does seem to be a lot of assumptions at this point about some aspects of which we know nothing yet.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

We don't as yet know the level of alcohol in their blood.

No we don't, and I will acknowledge the more drunk they were, the worse it would be, however, they are extremely highly paid individuals, why even risk it? I'm positive they can afford a cab, and it's a severe error of judgement to not just get a taxi.

Archived