Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

If the law finds that Lawrence was the instigator, can the club just sack him as her really irritates me when he plays... arrogant without the ability to be...

As for dear little Mason, he's sort of one of our own (from north Notts) and Lampard loves him , so he really should be given a second chance ... 

There now , my reasoning is as good as any other and a view shared by most, you know , deep down , when you really admit it.. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Residests in allestree report hearing someone shout "SCATTER!" shortly after the crash; followed by at least 20 people running away.

[Fabrication - In no way to be taken seriously] ?‍⚖️

Heard Bennett  was given a fixed penalty, but missed it

18 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Hoping this means Davies comes back in. 

We will need to stop playing out from the back as much.  Davies is good at what he does and tbf to the snake, he got the best out of him.  Remember his performance against Mitrovic in first leg of playoffs, was immense.

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

We will need to stop playing out from the back as much.  Davies is good at what he does and tbf to the snake, he got the best out of him.  Remember his performance against Mitrovic in first leg of playoffs, was immense.

I agree mate.

Clarke is more than capable of playing it out. 

Also I think he carries the ball out of defence really well. Gets to halfway and owing to the fact there's no movement whatsoever. Has to go back again.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree mate.

Clarke is more than capable of playing it out. 

Also I think he carries the ball out of defence really well. Gets to halfway and owing to the fact there's no movement whatsoever. Has to go back again.

Agree - was at Scunnie away and Curtis struggled with that side (Hamer too tbf).

39 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Kids? The lad is 24?

I'm judging Bennett at this level because that is the level he is playing at.

How am I singling out Bennett? The thread is about Bennett. Not Jozefzoon. 

Jozefzoon is awful. Everyone knows this. It's not about him. 

I fully accept where we are. A bog standard mid table Championship team. Of which Mason Bennett is nowhere near good enough to be it. He never has been and never will be.

Don't you ducking dare sit their and call me a bully. This thread is about Bennett that's why I'm mentioning him. I also said Lawrence turns up once every 7/8 games and brings nothing?

Am I a bully about that to? For stating the obvious about a player.

The thread is about Lawrence and Bennett. I've stated my opinions on both as footballers.

He's 24 but you are mentioning his 9 years, including some where he wasn't mentally or physically equipped to play. You're entitled to your opinion, it's just wrong. Ranking him against our own players and others in this division, he's nowhere near worst.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And leave us with two oil tankers in central defence? No thanks.

It this a reference to speed? It's been positional anticipation, poor ball retention and aerial frailty that have been our weaknesses this season. Davies should be in already IMO

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No we don't, and I will acknowledge the more drunk they were, the worse it would be, however, they are extremely highly paid individuals, why even risk it? I'm positive they can afford a cab, and it's a severe error of judgement to not just get a taxi.

Unfortunately the effects of alcohol often leads to errors of judgment, plenty of times I have woken after a day or night on the beer and thought, why.

Also do the club need to look at their involvement into this incident and the culture it may have contributed to, many of us shared the videos of the players celebrating after the Leeds win. The big bar bill, the players celebrating, and it seems this bar has become a regular place to frequent, ok a different manager now, but once you start sharing such actions does it become an acceptable culture for the players ?

Not that in any way I’m trying to defend the actions of the players.

7 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Is Davies as bad at playing out of the back as everyone says? He may not be as good as Buxton on the ball and he can dwell on the ball but he’s still a decent enough passer- he isn’t Shackell bad. There was a pre season game  in 2017 where he played a Van Dijk esc pass to set up a goal.

1 minute ago, Sexydadbod said:

Is Davies as bad at playing out of the back as everyone says? He may not be as good as Buxton on the ball and he can dwell on the ball but he’s still a decent enough passer- he isn’t Shackell bad. There was a pre season game  in 2017 where he played a Van Dijk esc pass to set up a goal.

He wasn’t in the past, think he got a harsh rep for it. He was more than competent. He looked poor in both the cup games though which concerns me

Just now, Millenniumram said:

He wasn’t in the past, think he got a harsh rep for it. He was more than competent. He looked poor in both the cup games though which concerns me

I wouldn’t be too concerned about his form, he’s always needed a few games to get back into the swing of things, he said himself that he needs a run of games to get rid of his rustyness

Archived